Timeline on Medicals and Cost

Guest GillianM

Guest GillianM

:emoticon-signxmas: Hi, just wanted everyone to reply to this thread about timelines on medicals and what they paid. Ive just lodged visa and probably have to get medicals in 5 months time. We live in Perth Scotland, and only 1 surgery is registered to do medicals here. Prices are for 15 years upwards £210 each for medicals and bloods and 15 years and under £180 they dont get blood taken. Then we have to arrange for chest xrays which cost £85 each. Theres 5 of us so will be pretty pricey. Never thought it would be so expensive. They also mentioned that the medicals etc...only last 3 months and they would have to be done again, then we would have to pay again for them to be done. When i phoned to enquire about it they said they sent xrays and meds direct to DIAC in Sydney, but our visa is lodged in Adalaide? So just waiting on reply from our agent Emma with Go Matilda to see if they have other surgeries where we can get them done cheaper. I thought meds lasted 12 months??

It will be interesting to see what everyone else pays for meds and xrays.

Guest James.S

Hi, as far as I am aware the med's and police checks are valid for 12 months, on the DIAC website you can download the application form for the med's and x-rays on the form is a link to an international list of panel doctors, if you phone around they will tell you their fee's for the test. they all seem to be quite pricey though... maybe ask for a group discount?

Our 175 application went in in mid August, we have done our med's and police checks at the end of November to try to hurry things up, a bit of a gamble, but we figured it's work it...

Check on the DIAC site as i'm sure it say's on there how long they are valid, i'm sure it's not as little as 3 months though...

All the best & good luck!

James...

Guest GillianM

Thanks, but thats what the woman at docs surgery said, theirs only last 3 months. I'll check DIAC website anyway. Maybe we will have to travel to Glasgow or Edinburgh for them.

Hi Gillian, you should try Fusehill med centre in Carlisle . We went there (from Newcastle) . The doctor was lovely, best of all it was £95 pp (adult or child) and the x-rays were £40pp + £20 postage to OZ. The meds + police checks are valid for 12 months . When your visa is granted you will then have 12 months to validate it from the earliest date on either the meds or police checks. The x-rays + meds get sent to sydney for approval. I hope that all makes sense. Meant to say that there is 5 of us ( £695 for everything)

Guest GillianM

Hi, so does the DIAC in Sydney send meds to DIAC in Adelaide then cause thats where our visa was lodged. Have you been granted your visa yet and where you moving too? were moving hopefully to Brisbane area.

Sydney is where all the medicals get sent to. They do not send them to Adelaide , they will just give them the thumbs up ( or down ) that everything is ok. When you get your meds/x-rays done you will not see them . The doctor sends everything off to Sydney . Our visa was granted on 25th nov , we have just sent our passports off to Australia House in London to get the visas put in them . We're off to Victoria as we have state sponsorship from them . Good luck with your application

Guest GillianM

Ok, but how or who knows that our visa is in Adelaide, and i thought people can check progress of their online visa, eg. check their meds have passed if they are in Sydney. Does Sydney let Adelaide no we pass then? confusing me sorry.

Guest tandcmum

Helloooo! I also live in Perth, Scotland and noticed there was just the one panel doctor available and i'm shocked at those prices, obviously taking advantage of the fact they are the only ones in Perth

It might be worth ringing around some others as i believe there is one or two in dundee and another in stirling if i remember rightly

The're taking advantage of the fact that you're in Scotland and as you pay less than in England for your health service , they think you wont mind paying over the odds for your medicals . As i said to Gillian , cross the border to Carlisle (dont forget your passport :biggrin:) its as cheap as chips there.

Gillian your confusing yourself , dont worry it all works out . When you go for your medicals you will write on the forms i.d references which are unique to you.

Guest annemarie and brian

hi we have just had our meds and pc done in harley st. london.

1,they last 12 months from the date they are done.

2,adults cost 170.00 plus vat each

3,xrays cost 47.00 weekdays or 52.88 on saturday.

4,35.00 courier fee to sydney.

they get processed in sydney then they get intouch to the visa bureau in adelaide to let them know

iif ok to issue visa.

oh! if you have any tattoos they cost an extra £60.00.

in total for us was £117.00 xrays, £647.00 for meds plus extra blood for tattoos and a extra urine test, £70.00 for p/c

2 adults and 2 children under 11.

i hope this helps.

annemarie and brian

We paid £70 for x rays for me and OH. Daughter is only 10 so didn't need one. meds cost £260 each but we both have tattoos so cost extra. Daughter was £100. All meds sent to Sydney but we are going to melbourne then perth. Sydney just seems to be a melting pot for it all but they seem to do it really well. We sent our visa's off on the Tuesday and our meds weren't getting sent till the Friday but its all come together. I think its the not knowing thats the worst thing. Our visa paper work was even sent to Austria instead of Australia and it still got there in time. Hope this helps.

Labby x

Archived