Cat

Guest lozzer

Hi

We have a 9month old kitten (she is a pedigree cat) whom we adore & would love to take with us to Oz.

Just how long is the quarantine time does anyone know? Does it differ with her being a pedigree? Also the cost?

Dont know if it's fair to move her really maybe re-home her would be the best thing for her :cry:

Thanks

Loz

Hi

We'e just brought our cat to Perth - it was £1,300 and $667 when we collected her. She was in Quarentine for 30 days and very well looked after and didn't look as if she'd lost any weight. Our cat is 15 and has settled really well. You are also allowed to visit your pet if you want to -

Ali

Guest surfersi

Hi there

We have recently gone thought the process of booking our 2 cats to go over to Perth as decided we cannot go without them!

We’ve managed to get the cost down to £830 for both cats, that’s booked via animal airlines. You can save a lot of money doing it this way but it means contacting the quarantine station direct as well as arranging all the export/import certificates and health checks yourself. It really has been pretty easy though and there’s help and advice available on the AQUIS and DEFRA websites. I advise you to apply for the import permit ASAP then book the cat into the quarantine station as these can get booked up months in advance (you cant book without an import number). Byford is the one used for Perth and they’ve been really helpful. My aunt took her cat over about 5 years ago and he was also fine – apparently cats travel very well!

As far as I am aware, so long as your cat is not a Bengal then pedigrees are fine to import.

My vet told us that dogs are a little more difficult to get over as there’s a lot more paper work and health checks, also very expensive and I think the process takes a lot longer so I would be worth contacting your vet as soon as possible for advice. I did read somewhere that if you can take your dog over to NZ on a pet passport then get an internal flight over to Oz which avoids the quarantine but the info I read may have been out of date.

Hope this helps.

Archived