State sponsor V employer sponsor

kellyjamie

Hi guys i have recently been looking at the live in victoria website and have found that the victoria gov have massive migration drives on and will do for some time yet. once OH has done training etc and were ready to apply we wondered which type of sponsorship would be better as were not sure we will qualify for 175 straight away. also what peoples views and or experiences of state and employer sponsorship was like? we originally hoped to head for brisbane but melbourne area is a close second and looking at their migration plans im beginning to wonder if we should be considering victoria more?

many thanks

K&J

Guest The "Biscuits"

Hi

We did state sponsorship rather than employer and i'm very glad we did. The only obligation for state sponsorship is to remain in victoria for 2 years (i think it's more moral rather than legal). Where as employer sponsorship usually means that you are committed to work full time for 2yrs for that employer - thats certainly the case where i work, thats a long time to be in a job if you do not enjoy it. Plus state sponsorship has the addedd bonus of perm res.

Archived