Christmas Suggestions?

sandramcd

We will be arriving in NSW on the 23rd Dec and I was wondering what suggestions people might have for what to do on Christmas Day, bearing in mind jet-lag, shop opening times, restaurants etc?

Can't remember who's stupid idea it was to fly then... :madxmas:

Guest James.S

Hi, we arrive in NSW on the 30th, don't know what's worse being there right before Xmas with not enough time to organise anything fun or right before New Year!

I think flight prices may have had something to do with the stupid planning!!

James...

Guest The Pom Queen

Good luck with the journey, hope you have a great flight!! Like you say you are going to be totally jet lagged so I wouldn't plan for much. Just get yourself down to the beach and either have a BBQ or take a picnic with some champagne to celebrate the start of your new life together!!

Hi Sandra & John,

Wheres abouts in nsw are you going too ?

With the wee little ones you probably wont feel like doing much for the few first days espec if the weather is hot.

Take it easy & just relax on the beach & if you can get down to Sydney for the fireworks on new years eve, they are amazing - theres a family firework show at 9pm at darling harbour & then the main display at midnight mostly off the harbour bridge

have fun

stuju :-)

Hi, thanks for the suggestions, especially about Sydney at New Year, we have some friends in Sydney so might be the time to catch up...

We're heading to Newcastle so I know there are lots of great beaches, sounds like a picnic or BBQ willl be the very thing! What are shops like around Christmas? Will we be able to buy food and stuff on the 23rd/24th easily enough?

Archived