Reference Signatures for 175 / TRA...any come-backs?

Guest Bianca

hi,

how fussy are the officials with reference signatures??......... It said somewhere that signatures must not be a scribble.

Problems is some of my references (I have 8!) are quite scribbly. I sent one back and asked the guy to please print another copy and sign them readible and all the same (as all his signatures looked different!blink.gif), he did it no problems.

Now one of my ref's came from overseas, I received it today, but the guy only made a very short signature, almost looks like just initials!ohmy.gif

Will this be a problem for the TRA and my 175 application later? It will take AGES to have him done it again and with the Dec post being slow from overseas.......

Did any of you get comebacks on signatures?

thanks

Guest James.S
hi,

how fussy are the officials with reference signatures. It said somewhere that signatures must not be a scribble.

Problems is some of my references (I have 8!) are quite scribbly. I sent one back and asked the guy to please print another copy and sign them readible and all the same (as all his signatures looked different!blink.gif), he did it no problems.

Now one of my ref's came from overseas, I received it today, but the guy only made a very short signature, almost looks like just initials!ohmy.gif

Will this be a problem for the TRA and my 175 application later? It will take AGES to have him done it again and with the Dec post being slow from overseas.......

Was there any comebacks on signatures for any of you?

thanks

Hi, I think I had 16 references in total, mainly as I had to prove vast amounts of work experience instead of an apprenticeship...

Some of mine looked like a spider had walked over the page, the one from my accountants was done by the secretary and just signed it as the company!

It all went through without question...

So I guess you should be fine... as long as all the signatures are different!!

James...

I read somewhere that the name should be PRINTED IN BLOCKS.... does this mean it is wrong if the name of the referee is TYPED underneath the person's signature? does he have to Print it in blocks himself??? oh this will be a mess if mine is all wrong!!!!............................

Hello Bianca,

I deal with the TRA extensively and have never had an application knocked back due to the quality of the signature on the references. As long as the reference is dated and clearly states the persons full name, contact details and job title (either typed or in block letters) then that is normally sufficient.

Regards

Stephen Dickson

Director Migration Outcomes Australia

Registered Migration Agent Number 0640511

Member of Migration Institute of Australia 2602

Offices in Cape Town and Melbourne

Cape Town: Phone +27 21 680 5320 Fax +27 086 558 2178

Melbourne: Phone +61 4 321 50323 Fax +61 3 8677 9917

www.migrateaus.com.au

Archived