can you cross on foot the Eastern Highway ?

Guest 7gotooz

Guest 7gotooz

Hi

We are landing in Perth in Jan - Ive booked the Ascott Quays Hotel for the first couple of days & are booking the Perth Shttle from the airport - they have emailed me & said the can pick us up but can only drop us on the other side of the road to the hotel & we would need to cross both carraigways to get there ????

Is this ok ? is there a footbridge over? we will have 4 kids - 10,9,6 & 5 & four large suitcases - or would we just be headlines in the paper the next day for shortest migration to Oz ??

Thanks

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

That's pretty lousy of them? But I do understand why as you can only access Ascot Quays from one side of the highway and then you cannot turn around once going back the other until after the traffic lights, but its not that big of a deal? Maybe try asking the driver (very sweelty and kindly) if he can possibly go up and turn around to drop you on the right side of the road... but after a 22 hour flight I know that being sweet and kind may be the last thing on your mind!

Anyway, to answer your question, yes it is possinle to cross on foot. No there is not a foot bridge. But there is a set of traffic lights about 30metres up the road which you can use if you don't want to risk crossing with 4 kids and all your suitcases right opp the hotel. (Its a nice hotel by the way, lovely restaurant downstairs too) The road is 4 lanes across and there is a median strip in the middle for you to stop halfway (not right opp the hotel but a little way down).. but it is a VERY busy road, particularly during peak hour morning and avro rush. So if you cannot smooth talk the bus driver into doing an about turn I'd say go up to the traffic lights and cross there, it;ll be safest.

Go to google Australia maps and type in 150 Great Eastern Highway, that will show you where you will be dropped off. Grab the orange little man on the left of the pic and drop him on top of the road to give you "street view" that should also give you a clear indication of how far you have to cross (not far) but it is the traffic that will be the problem.

Sorry this is all a little long winded... but good luck!

=)

Guest 7gotooz
Hi Rachel,

That's pretty lousy of them? But I do understand why as you can only access Ascot Quays from one side of the highway and then you cannot turn around once going back the other until after the traffic lights, but its not that big of a deal? Maybe try asking the driver (very sweelty and kindly) if he can possibly go up and turn around to drop you on the right side of the road... but after a 22 hour flight I know that being sweet and kind may be the last thing on your mind!

Anyway, to answer your question, yes it is possinle to cross on foot. No there is not a foot bridge. But there is a set of traffic lights about 30metres up the road which you can use if you don't want to risk crossing with 4 kids and all your suitcases right opp the hotel. (Its a nice hotel by the way, lovely restaurant downstairs too) The road is 4 lanes across and there is a median strip in the middle for you to stop halfway (not right opp the hotel but a little way down).. but it is a VERY busy road, particularly during peak hour morning and avro rush. So if you cannot smooth talk the bus driver into doing an about turn I'd say go up to the traffic lights and cross there, it;ll be safest.

Go to google Australia maps and type in 150 Great Eastern Highway, that will show you where you will be dropped off. Grab the orange little man on the left of the pic and drop him on top of the road to give you "street view" that should also give you a clear indication of how far you have to cross (not far) but it is the traffic that will be the problem.

Sorry this is all a little long winded... but good luck!

=)

Hi thank you so much for your reply - When I log off here I`ll take the little orange man for a walk & check it out & I`m going to email them back & see if they will agree to going around again since we have young kids - or we will get a couple of cabs from the airport direct:yesxmas:

Thanks again & take care

Rachel

Archived