White xmas on the cards

Guest earlswood

Guest earlswood

Parts of Britain are enduring an Arctic blast as snow showers sweep the country, forecasters said.

A band of wintry showers started in Scotland and the north of England, and is working its way south throughout the day, said MeteoGroup.

Six inches of snow is expected in the north of England, where temperatures will reach a maximum of 2C, with sleet and snow more likely in the south.

Forcasters say the artic blast could well last into the New Year.:cute:

Guest guest17301

A few inches have fallen here in the last few hours, stopped now though and starting to melt:sad:Must admit will miss the snow, when it comes it looks beautiful. No good if you have to go out though! Luckily I have 2 days off so come on snow!

Parts of Britain are enduring an Arctic blast as snow showers sweep the country, forecasters said.

A band of wintry showers started in Scotland and the north of England, and is working its way south throughout the day, said MeteoGroup.

Six inches of snow is expected in the north of England, where temperatures will reach a maximum of 2C, with sleet and snow more likely in the south.

Forcasters say the artic blast could well last into the New Year.:cute:

Hope the old folk have got there bonus and say F**k you to the power companies and stick the fire or heating on bettewr warm than at best hypothermic

Mally

Guest guest17301

I was thinking bout that when i was out this morning Mally, the elderly really suffer in this weather. Personally I just stick the heating on and worry about it when the bill comes. Got me thinking is it better to be too hot or too cold?

I was thinking bout that when i was out this morning Mally, the elderly really suffer in this weather. Personally I just stick the heating on and worry about it when the bill comes. Got me thinking is it better to be too hot or too cold?

That very same question went thro my mind this arvo ( **** turnin again) afternoon , after my snap (lunch ) it turned realy warm, I thought bugga this workin then thought how it would be in the UK fighting polar bears on the coil line. Nah rather be hot. lol. Warnin to peeps comin with bin lids even tho its in the 20`s nice ,the sun is strong very strong I`m rather dark put it this way I`ve been likened to Asian gentlemen but a couple of hours sat arvo ( again!!!) on the beach with the factor ZZZZZ on got a bit burnt

Mally

Guest tandcmum

it was -7 when i took the kids to school this morning, i poured warm water on the car to get the ice off and it instantly re-froze :twitcy: my feet have been like blocks of ice for days now and the central heating is blasting out and the house still feels cold. I am definaly not a cold weather person and i get quite depressed when it's winter so for me sunshine is definatly a bonus

Guest HappyBunny

I'm so miserable when I'm cold all the time. Last winter our quarterly gas bill was about 300 GBP, I lost count of the number of days it was so cold that the de-icer froze before it had chance to work, so I had to sit in the car with the engine running until it warmed up. Snow is lovely if you happen to be all togged up on a ski-ing holiday and can enjoy it, but if you've got to get up, scrape the car and go to work then you can keep it.

At least when it's hot you can usually get out of the sun and cool down, take a cool shower, get in the pool, fans or air con at home, air con in the car and shopping malls, definately sunshine wins hands down for me!!

Archived