carpetry skills assessment

Guest ollie p

Guest ollie p

has anyone done the skill assessment test and practical test?? what does it include is it difficult.i am a 26 year old qualified for 4 years carpenter,

but only worked in building refubishment mainly first ans secong fix duties but never worked with roofing or loft conersions . so very intersted to see what the test includes to make sure i am not wasting my time or money.desperate to live in australia currently on a working visa with a month left so will apply as soon as i return.

any help or information i would be very gratefull.

has anyone done the skill assessment test and practical test?? what does it include is it difficult.i am a 26 year old qualified for 4 years carpenter,

but only worked in building refubishment mainly first ans secong fix duties but never worked with roofing or loft conersions . so very intersted to see what the test includes to make sure i am not wasting my time or money.desperate to live in australia currently on a working visa with a month left so will apply as soon as i return.

any help or information i would be very gratefull.

Hi

Eammon took the practical in July after getting through the paper part of the assessment in April.

If you take a look at the Vetassess website, you'll be able to take a look at the type of evidence you will need to produce to get through the paper based part. There's also a candidate's guide to what you can expect from the practical on the day.

From what I can remember, Eammon was asked to put together a hip roof, stud wall, rip some lenghts of timber, make a saw stool. He was also asked technical questions on windows, formwork, H&S, identify scaffolding parts - I can't think what else at the minute, but will ask Eammon when he comes home from work and let you know if there is anything else.

Wherabouts in Oz are you at the minute and what's the work situation like for carpenters out there?

Good luck with your application

Denise

Guest ollie p

thanks for the information.very much appreciated .i will check out the website.

i am currently in sydney working as a painter as i could not find carpentry work.but i didnt have a car or tools here so it was a bit difficult.

Archived