Drug and Alcohol services VIC

Ratchet

Hi, i know i should use the nurses thread, but its massive. So i thought id start my own thread so it gets seen!

I have previously introduced myself in the nurses thread. Im Kelly, RMN for 9 yrs, want to move out to VIC with family...............

Ive just sent all the paperwork off for my reg in Victoria and now im looking for an employer/sponser. I am on an agencies books, but i can tell from speaking to them, they really dont know what im looking for specifically and they are in NZ.

Im very happy to go and find an employer myself if it means im not going to 'just do' with a job to get me out there.

As i currently work in the drug and alcohol field, id like to use this as a starting block for employment.

My only problem is, i cant find any services that exist other then the ones within Melbourne City.

Is there any?? From the maps Victoria is a massive place/state, surely there are some out there.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Kelly

Hi, i know i should use the nurses thread, but its massive. So i thought id start my own thread so it gets seen!

I have previously introduced myself in the nurses thread. Im Kelly, RMN for 9 yrs, want to move out to VIC with family...............

Ive just sent all the paperwork off for my reg in Victoria and now im looking for an employer/sponser. I am on an agencies books, but i can tell from speaking to them, they really dont know what im looking for specifically and they are in NZ.

Im very happy to go and find an employer myself if it means im not going to 'just do' with a job to get me out there.

As i currently work in the drug and alcohol field, id like to use this as a starting block for employment.

My only problem is, i cant find any services that exist other then the ones within Melbourne City.

Is there any?? From the maps Victoria is a massive place/state, surely there are some out there.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Kelly

Are you dealing or using

Sorry my sense of humour no offence meant could not resist

big sorry

Mally

We do have drug rehabs, the methadone programmes are handled by chemists here and given out by the pharmacists as people have prescriptions for it. Not all chemists do it but that is a choice I suppose.

You may have looked at this site but if not it might assist you.

Victorian drug treatment services: Victorian Drug Services - Victorian Government Health Information, Australia

Thanks for that, will have a proper read later, but what i can see is that the service is the same here we just do it in the community more. - Nurse and Dr sort out the script and the pharmacist dose the daily supervised consumption.

Im looking for the name of the units/hopsitals/communtiy services so i can trace the employer...... Anyone?

I know its not a subject folk like to take notice of, but you'd be suprised how close you are to a drug user every day of your life. Some of the guys i treat are solicitors/Drs etc all professionals just like u and me:wink:

Archived