Transfering money back to the UK???

jessmck

I am planning on moving to Australia in September next year but have an overdraft here in the UK and am unlikely to have paid it off before i leave (even if i eat beans on toast for the next ten months!!!)

does anyone know how and how much it costs to send money back to the uk on a regular basis?

Thanks for any advice :biggrin:

I am planning on moving to Australia in September next year but have an overdraft here in the UK and am unlikely to have paid it off before i leave (even if i eat beans on toast for the next ten months!!!)

does anyone know how and how much it costs to send money back to the uk on a regular basis?

Our bank charges $22 a go send a bit back but I tried this its slow but dont cost much you set up a paypal a/c with your uk stuff use a hotmaila/c then open one in oz with a oz bank a/c and email and send it to yourself

mally

My bank charges $35.....if i need to send money back i save it up for a few months and then send back a big chunk....

Been on the Mrs Macs I see :biglaugh:

mally

Its the amount of food im eating whilst being on this site, food in one hand, typing with the other!!......aint going near a beach this year!!:laugh:

Guest Yorkie1974

Have a look at HIFX. They deal with money transfers directly between your personal UK & Aus bank accounts and try to get the best exchange rate for you. Over a certain amount its free and they cancel out any bank charges. They'll also give your own account representative so you usually always deal with one point of contact. www.hifx.co.uk Get in touch with them even if for advice.

Have a look at HIFX. They deal with money transfers directly between your personal UK & Aus bank accounts and try to get the best exchange rate for you. Over a certain amount its free and they cancel out any bank charges. They'll also give your own account representative so you usually always deal with one point of contact. www.hifx.co.uk Get in touch with them even if for advice.

Hi I contacted them but was under the impression you had to transfer a wedge either way before you did the regular transfers .

Mally

• 9 months later...

I am likely to be in the same situation, need to send a couple of hundred £ into my UK bank account each month. The charges meantioned are a bit steep to pay every month for such little money. There has to be a better way? How would the pay-pal method work? Can you withdraw from pay-pal and deposit into your bank account via pay-pal?

Archived