Move to Brisbane

Guest morleydog

Guest morleydog

Hello again all,

Just a note to see if anyone living in Brisbane currently has the benefit of the LAFHA (Living away from home allowance)? My company are offering this to me ahead of a potential move out to Brisbane early next year and I'm assured this is worth quite a sum as I will receive rental and a food component without the need to pay tax.

Is there anyone else out there that currently has this as part of their package who could offer any advice in this regard - I guess if my company are willing to administer it all then all well & good!

Last question - Is a salary $100k + super a salary to afford a decent level of living in Brisbane - I currently work in London so a doing a comparrison is quite difficult but I'm hoping this + LAFHA will give myself and my partner a good quality of life.

Comments & feedback really appreciated !

Thanks

$100 is a comfortable salary, depends on your monthly spend. If you plump for a big morgage, private education, or car loans.

We actually bring home less than uk, morgage is higher, and paying for private school. But when i sit back and think of what we did with cash in the uk.

1. Save up all year for 2 weeks in the sun

2. Spend time and money on pub lunches to get you out the house

3. Cinema & Bowling tickets because its too wet and misarable outdoors

4 And when the sun did shine everyone else had beat you to the BBQ fuel, sausages and Cobs, and a 2 hour to beautiful Skeggy took 4 hrs and nowhere to park on arival, eat your fish and chips and sit behind a tractor for 4 hours to get home.

Sorry i'm on a roll.

Top and bottom of it is we are richer in lifestyle, and loads of money doesn't bring you happiness.

Dale

Archived