visa activation

Guest hels269

Guest hels269

Hi all

I got my visa granted today but the downside of it, which has kind of taken the shine of it, is that I need to activate by 21st Feb 2009..aagghh thats not that long off is it ?

this is because I had to send in 2 police checks..my UK one and one from Australia from for 1999-2000.. since i havent lived there since then and that police check came back fine i thought they woudl go off my more recent UK police check which was july.

It says on my letter that you cant extend that date..anyone know if they are strict on that or has anyone managed to alter it.

I guess its do-able its just alot to do in such a short time, bearing in mind places will be shut for a while over xmas. cant really afford a trip over to validate it either..thats a lot of cash !!

Helen

Hi all

.my UK one and one from Australia from for 1999-2000.. since i havent lived there since then and that police check came back fine i thought they woudl go off my more recent UK police check which was july.

Helen

On what date was your Australian police check completed? I thnk your year starts from then.

If it was done after Feb 08 then I do think that does seem a very harsh stipulation...could you phone to check if this is reasonable? Or if it was a "mistake"?

My OH has submitted police checks from UK (dated Oct 08) and from Ireland (again dated Oct 08, but for a period up to 2004), they will surely give him a year from Oct 08 to validate?

Guest hels269

yeah i would think so

it was my fault. I got the aussie police checks done in Feb 2008, i just didn think that they woudl use these as their activation dates. Because I havent lived in australia for so long and the police check said I had no criminal record from 1999-2000 i thought they would assume I didnt have any post Feb 2008 either..does this make sense ? Im garbling

anyway, have spoken to a few people, letting agents etc and Im going to go for it and get there by 21st Feb.

eek

x

Helen

Archived