who do we contact for 176 state sponsorship, what governement body? where?

Guest jodie_dirk

Guest jodie_dirk

ok some people know who we are and our situation and will prob see some familiar people on here. have started several threads so sorry to be all over the place.

we are contemplating going for 176 if cant get sponsorship. it says that we need to be nominated by state or territorial government but who do we ask for this? who do we contact? what place? where? if anyone has any tel numbers that would be great or info of who we contact.

Many thanks in advance:notworthy:

jodie and dirk :wacko:

Guest hairdresser uk
ok some people know who we are and our situation and will prob see some familiar people on here. have started several threads so sorry to be all over the place.

we are contemplating going for 176 if cant get sponsorship. it says that we need to be nominated by state or territorial government but who do we ask for this? who do we contact? what place? where? if anyone has any tel numbers that would be great or info of who we contact.

Many thanks in advance:notworthy:

jodie and dirk :wacko:

Hiya

I have been following your story and hope you are all ok.

here is the link you are after, I think your in Perth??

State Migration Centre How to Apply for State Sponsorship

I do not know if you are eligable to apply or not but I am sure you need your TRA passed first and your in the process of doing that I think. you should drop gill a pm first before doing anything.

good luck and hopefully a solution will appear soon x

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Jodie & Dirk

I think you should apply for a 176 visa anyway, though you need a new 457 visa first in order to get some money coming in and to keep you in Oz. Apart from anything else, the DIAC application fee for a 176 visa is $2,105 which might be too much for you to find just at the moment, though applying for WA State Nomination is free.

As Hairdresser has said, you must have a positive skills assessment from TRA before you can apply for the State Nomination. Once the skills application is submitted to TRA, they should be able to turn it round within a couple of weeks but getting it ready can be very time consuming.

With your plans for the sc 176 application, please start here:

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) visa (subclass 176)

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) visa (subclass 176)

Make sure that Dirk can score not less than 90 points without the extra 10 points that WA will chuck in if the application for State Nomination succeeds. Applying for State Nomination from WA is free.

Both Solid and Fibrous Plastering are on the MODL:

Is your occupation in demand? - Workers - Visas & Immigration

Booklet 6 describes more about the 176 visa:

Australian General Skilled Migration Booklet

With regard to the application for State Nomination, Hairdresser has given you the correct link.

Both types of Plastering are also on the Priority Skills List for WA, which underpins WA's participation in the 176 visa scheme:

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/media/documents/priority-skills-list.pdf

State Migration Centre Skilled Sponsored Visa

State Migration Centre Online Application System

Follow the links. You should read the "how to apply" section and phone the State Migration Centre if you get stuck on anything.

Please shout if you need more help.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived