Emigrating Solicitor

Guest paulandkerry

Guest paulandkerry

I am a commercial property solicitor (2 years PQE) wanting to emmigrate to Australia, Perth, with my family husband and son.

I have today rec'd my skills assessment which has been approved by the Western Australia Legal Practice Board subject to me undertaking further exams in various areas of law at a university in Western Australia and following sucessful completion of the exams completing 12 months in practice as an article clerk.

I now intend to apply for a skilled visa and intend to do it myself having looked at the form.

However I am concerned about getting a job in order to satisfy the above conditions - do migation agents help with these sort of things or is it just getting a visa?

I am also worried about the time scale (1 year for enrolment of required subjects) as we are only just beginning visa application, got to sell house and have to give 3 months notice at work!!

Can anyone help/anyone in similar situation? - its a big step if we get the visa but then find I can't get a job.

Hiya i have found from my experience of moving here ,migrant agents will help you a little but getting a job is pretty much down to you ,you can try various job sites the best being http://www.alljobs.com.au ,this covers all areas of Oz.

Regarding the house sale it is hard to tie everything up at the same time ,i would suggest if your dead set on this get the house on the market now you can always rent or skive a spare room for a few nights like we did and lets face it the last thing you want is to be unable to commit,we moved here approx 5mth after the visa had been granted and it does depend alot on the house sale ,,its a stressful time but youll get there,if i can help with anything please ask

Cal x

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi there Paul

When you get to Perth, please contact me. I have contacts in teh legal fraternity here and would be pleaased to assist

Phil

Archived