flight advice

Guest pixie_duzt2003@hotmail.co

hi guys, im in need of a bit of advice, my fiance and i are of to Perth on the first of feb, on a working holiday visa,we are staying with my uncle in hazelmere, thing is we are booked to fly with Singapore airlines out of heathrow at 6.15pm and have just realised we will be flying on the 747 and not the new plane, we were told if we want to change the flights we would have to pay £50 each, is the 747 a bad plane to fly on or will we be ok, i know I'm just being silly but I'm quite a nervous flyer, Ive also been reading that a lot of people say its best to fly on the latest flight but do you think we will be alright on the 6.15 flight, please humour me here guys, any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Guest keillands

I really wouldn't worry about the plane situation. I ve been on 747's loads of time longhaul and they are absolutely fine- they were the only jumbo to fly for over 30 yrs until the A 380 came along! It would be a novelty to fly the A 380 but once you're sat in economy I would guess there isn't much difference.

Concentrate on the fact you're going to Perth!!! Thats the amazing thing. We re hoping to fly out end of Jan 09 with Singapore..Airbus or 747..I don't care,just get me there!

PS: I think getting a flight later in the day is a good idea....6 15 pm will be okay- at least its not a day flight

aww thanks for the advice, you have put my mind at ease, im such a worrier though, stresses my other half out sooo much as he is so laid back, hes just whatever as long as it stays in the air,while i panic about everything,i may start packing now haha!

It does not matter which flight you are on from the uk its the stopover and how long it is . Your 747 flight will prob change at singapore for about 4 or 5 flights, we stopped 3.5 hours but ther were 1.5 7 and 9 hour stopovers. We flew at 10am Sat night got into Perth 7.15 Mon Feb

Mally

hiya, yes we arrive at singapore at 14.55 then fly out to perth at 19.35,so we get to perth very early morning,

At the end of the day like the others say it's a bloody long flight regardless of what time you leave, you get so messed up timewise enroute that it makes no difference, we flew 1155am from Heathrow, had 2.5 stopover in Singapore, arrived Brisbane 1935 so was ready for bed when we got in, took me a while to get off as I was so knackered, beyond it I think, and worked up, but eventually got off, so it depends what you are doing when you get there. Economy is economy on whatever plane, Singapore airlines are very attentive, unless you are tall like me and my OH you will be fine wherever you sit on the plane. Just enjoy it and focus on all the things you get to do over there and have a fab time. x

thanks for all your advice, it has helped me to stop stressing so much,i'm just a natural worrier i think, like you said its going to be a log flight regardless, and it will be worth it in the end, its the first time Ive been away from home for more than two weeks, my fiance and i live with my parents, my mum and i are very close,so not sure how we will cope without each other,I'm staying with my uncle so will be with family, and i will get to see my cousins who i have never met, as we haven't been together for 9 years, very exiting!

I work in the airline industry and as others have said the 747 has been flying very successfully for many years. the SIA planes are not that old though !! (so don't worry about that) I have been fortunate enough to have a good look around the SIA A380 and even though I haven't actually flown on it (to compare to the 747) I would say the economy seating is more spacious than the 747. (seat pitch). I think that is why they charge a bit more. Personally I would pay the extra ! The onboard TV is excellent as well..... You will enjoy the experience, SIA have fantastic crew and will look after you very well. As you have a few hours in Singapore airport have a look at the option of a swim in the airport !1 Certainly helps freshen you up....If you have any questions regarding the planes etc just ask...

Archived