Crash helmets

Guest Alex & Kris

Guest Alex & Kris

Does anyone know if it is worth me bringing my Shoei crash helmet with me to OZ or will it be illegal to use as it only has a british kite mark & ACU gold stamp on it?

Also what is the Aussie stance on dark / tinted visors? :policeman:

Thanks for any help.

Alex

Guest pasha02

Hi there,

I had the same dillema with my Shark helmet, whilst waiting for it to arrive with all our other goods i went to the local police station to query the legality of British helmets and to quote " It's your head, the safety standards of UK helmets should meet our standards" was what the kind officer told me, so i would definetley bring it as the British safety standards are as good if not better than the Oz counterparts, As for tinted visors please don't quote me on this :notworthy: but i think it is the same as the UK, they are fine for daylight riding but a clear visor is req. for night, put it this way, i have been riding with a tinted visor and been ok, hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

I`ve bought a Shoei over here BUT not here biker gear is so expensive,.Got a shoei multitec from motorcycle giant.com they ship all over got helmet jor rocket leather jr pants postage $50 us halmet kere is $800 aud got for $350 us/. with the lot and shipping camr to little over the cost of the helmet here . Exchange rate was better, sour note ordered jr boots gloves but friendly Oz post lost them trouble with scanna so sent them back yes and I`m a blue tongued skink

Mally

Since i posted on this thread last ,i have been informed that like child car seats unless an australian kite mark is shown it can cause hassle should you need to claim on your insurance, i suggest anyone who is going to use their UK helmet , gets some form of confirmation in writing from the insurer incase (god forbid) anything did happen.

Cal x

Guest JoanneHattersley

Good tip Cal! Thanks for passing that on! Another reason that PIO is great! Where else would you find these snippets of info!

Since i posted on this thread last ,i have been informed that like child car seats unless an australian kite mark is shown it can cause hassle should you need to claim on your insurance, i suggest anyone who is going to use their UK helmet , gets some form of confirmation in writing from the insurer incase (god forbid) anything did happen.

Cal x

Dont know Cal I got a Shoei multitec the flip up thing from the states $399 us same helmet here $800 oz checked mine against the one in the shop and same markings on I think it might have something to do with the pudding basins a lot seem to wear on their heads

Mally

PIO Turnip

Archived