Police checks and defacto visa

Guest Faye&Matt

Guest Faye&Matt

We've sent off our defacto spouse visa application but the police check didn't come back in time so we didn't include that with it. If anyone has sent the police check after the main application did you just write a covering letter with your names and type of visa on or did you have to include any other information as well? We don't want the police check to get lost but we want to send it off ASAP before it is asked for so that we get the visa quicker. Thanks!

Hi Faye&Matt

I sent my application off without police check and medical report and waited for them to ask me to have these done. It was only a matter of days before i was asked for them so then sent the police certificate off with a very brief letter addressed to my CO and quoting the ref number she had given my by email. The medical report was sent a couple of weeks later and no sooner had this been received i was granted the visa!

It was a very quick process.

Good luck.

C

Guest Faye&Matt

Thanks for the reply. So do you think we'd be best waiting until we've been given a case officer and reference number so we can include that in the covering letter rather than just sending it now without those details since we don't have them yet?

Guest Faye&Matt

Yes. That was done about a month ago and sent down then by the doctor. I wish we hadn't had to have it done so early as I'm a bit worried they will have lost it by now but I was starting a new job and didn't want to have to ask for time off when I'd just started. (not that I suppose it really matters since I'm leaving in 6 weeks anyway but I still will need them for a reference) Hopefully they'll have it so won't ask for it again and then we'll probably end up having to wait months for them to find it, knowing our luck! I think I might wait to be honest since you said that. I don't suppose it will take that much longer if I just wait.

• 1 month later...

Hi Faye & Matt,

How delayed was your Aussie police check? Mine was posted from Canberra to UK before Christmas but still hasn't arrived. Not sure how long to leave it before I call ACPO again and ask them to send a copy. :GEEK:

Did they proces your appliation without the police check? Hope you're sorted now....

Guest Faye&Matt

Hi gipsy, Well, we sent ours on the 26th Nov to Australia and then received ours back on the 29th December so it wasn't too bad the time. Just over a month including Christmas. What date did you send yours?

Hi, I'm new to this and a bit confused as to what my partner needs to do for the police checks... I'm Aus citizen, he's Irish and we are going to apply for the fiance visa but unsure where to begin the police checks. Any help would be very appreciated! Thanks

have you lived in australia for 12 months i think it is then you have to do australian police check, and also a uk one i think.

Thanks for responding. I'm aussie so I guess I don't have tp get a police check? My partner lived in Oz for 1 year,a year ago so he will have to do a police check then through Canberra then

Guest Faye&Matt

You won't need a police check but your partner definately will. He'll need an Irish one and an Aus one and if he's spent more than 12 months in any other country, even if just a holiday, in past 10 years I think it is he'll need one from there.

Guest Maloney
Hi Faye & Matt,

How delayed was your Aussie police check? Mine was posted from Canberra to UK before Christmas but still hasn't arrived. Not sure how long to leave it before I call ACPO again and ask them to send a copy. :GEEK:

Did they proces your appliation without the police check? Hope you're sorted now....

Hi Gipsy,

How did you know it was posted to you? Who did you contact?

I sent mine in December and I was under the impression that you can't contact them to see if it's being processed?

Thanks

Guest janagaraja

Hi Gill,

I have applied for state sponserd 176 visa in october 2008. Since there is a announcement from aspc that they are going deal with state sponsored appication by febuary 13th i want to wrap up the things as early as possible. Your answer to my questions will really help me to speed up the things.

1. Do i need to fill up the form 80 which is not asked by the aspc online so far. If you say yes in that case can i fill it up and scan the copy and upload it online.

2. I have seen in some cases the case officer asked for the australian value statement. If you say yes again can i scan and upload the same.?

3. I have received the police certificates from three countries where i have stayed in last 10 years.

Do i need to send the original copy to ASPC or can upload the certified scaned copies ?

4. Medical : Yet to take an appointment in chicago . Please advice me whether it is advisable to go ahead straight a way or case officer will give me sufficient time (arround one month) to do the same

Sorry for bombarding with lot of questions however i know that gill never let any one down on this forum . Thanks and Regards .Jana

Archived