Moving to Canberra

Guest Cathy D

Guest Cathy D

Hi ,

We got our travel tickets today , we are off after christmas . Trying to find out about getting connected to utilities , once we get somewhere to rent . Any ideas ?

All help appreciated.

Cathy

I am sure the real estate agent will tell you all but most people are with ActewAGL Home in ACT (it's a sort of monopoly!!!) and they link up with Transact which is available in some areas for broadband, cable tv and landline phone. As for mobiles - welcome to decision hell about which plan with which company. There is a nice little wizard for working out which telco and which plan may suit you though SMH Digital Life - Best Value Mobile Phone Plans

For landline phones I should think most people are either with Transact or Telstra but there are other telcos around.

I havent heard that people find it too hard to hook up to utilities so I wouldnt be worrying too much about that.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sarahnshaun

Hi guys, we moved into our new rental a few weeks ago and the gas and electricity were really easy to connect to. we have our electricity through actewAGL and our gas through energy australia. Phone and broadband were a little bit more difficult to get sorted but we have chosen to go with Westnet for both and they have been fantastic. Whatever you do, don't go with dodo. Their package sounds really cheap and good for both but in fact they are awful. we found a good site was Product Review Australia - your reviews on products and services on the Australian marketplace. Its a place where everyone can write reviews about absolutely anything!

Hope this helps! and good luck with your move!!!

Guest Cathy D
Hi guys, we moved into our new rental a few weeks ago and the gas and electricity were really easy to connect to. we have our electricity through actewAGL and our gas through energy australia. Phone and broadband were a little bit more difficult to get sorted but we have chosen to go with Westnet for both and they have been fantastic. Whatever you do, don't go with dodo. Their package sounds really cheap and good for both but in fact they are awful. we found a good site was Product Review Australia - your reviews on products and services on the Australian marketplace. Its a place where everyone can write reviews about absolutely anything!

Hope this helps! and good luck with your move!!!

Thanks for the advice guys , busy packing up at the moment , fed up with that bit already

Archived