Catholic Colleges in Perth

Guest welshie4oz

Guest welshie4oz

We are looking to move to Perth in February 2009 and are looking for a Catholic College SOR for our 13 year old daughter.

Does anyone have any experience of any?

Thanks

Jo

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Jo

My sister and her family live in Jandakot, which is SOR near the old airport. They have two boys, now aged 11 & 13. The boys attend Emmanuel College which is an RC private school. Apparently it has a very good reputation.

That is all I know about it and I don't know where it is but I should think it wouldn't be too far from Jandakot. It is certainly SOR. I don't know whether it is co-ed but if not there may be a corresponding girls' school.

The only other thing I can tell you is that there is a waiting list for the school and an entrance exam for it, but they give priority to practising Roman Catholics, which the boys both are.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest welshie4oz
Hello Jo

My sister and her family live in Jandakot, which is SOR near the old airport. They have two boys, now aged 11 & 13. The boys attend Emmanuel College which is an RC private school. Apparently it has a very good reputation.

That is all I know about it and I don't know where it is but I should think it wouldn't be too far from Jandakot. It is certainly SOR. I don't know whether it is co-ed but if not there may be a corresponding girls' school.

The only other thing I can tell you is that there is a waiting list for the school and an entrance exam for it, but they give priority to practising Roman Catholics, which the boys both are.

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks Gill

It is one of the school I have looked at it is in Beelair. I will contact them to see how long the waiting list is. We are also practising Roman Catholics, so fingers crossed we may get a place.

Thanks again.

Jo

Guest tim_the_taf

Yes, our kids go to one. St John XXIII in Mt Claremont, "officially" WA's number one Catholic school. Unofficially I'm not so sure to be honest, but its a decent school nonetheless. Our son is also 13, so have direct experience of schooling at that age. There are others around of course, including Corpus Christi, just south of the river.

All Catholic schools in WA are private, none are state schools. However the good news is they are way cheaper than private schools back home. Our kids went to state schools in the UK, where we couldn't afford to send them to private schools. Here it costs us about £2 - 3k per child per year all in. They are heavily subsidised by the Church.

What would you like to know ?

We are looking to move to Perth in February 2009 and are looking for a Catholic College SOR for our 13 year old daughter.

Does anyone have any experience of any?

Thanks

Jo

Guest Nicky B
Yes, our kids go to one. St John XXIII in Mt Claremont, "officially" WA's number one Catholic school. Unofficially I'm not so sure to be honest, but its a decent school nonetheless. Our son is also 13, so have direct experience of schooling at that age. There are others around of course, including Corpus Christi, just south of the river.

All Catholic schools in WA are private, none are state schools. However the good news is they are way cheaper than private schools back home. Our kids went to state schools in the UK, where we couldn't afford to send them to private schools. Here it costs us about £2 - 3k per child per year all in. They are heavily subsidised by the Church.

Hi

We are also moving to Perth in January and are interested to hear of your experience with John XXIII College. We have been offered a place there for our 12 year old daughter and also a place at Newman College. Do you have any advice as to whether one is better than the other? Our daughter is a good allrounder with a keen interest in sport especially swimming. We have no experience of Church schools and are non practicing, would this be significant also the school our daughter attends will affect where we live, can you give us any advice on where a family that have interests in swimming , sailing, hockey, and running and whoes youngest child is 12 might be most settled? We have thought at both Mt Claremont and also the areas around Newmans.

Thanks

Guest welshie4oz

Hi Tim

Thanks for your response.

We are looking for recommendations for a good Catholic college. Corpus Christi is one of the schools we have contacted and are waiting for a response to see if they have places available.

We too could not afford to send our children to private school here in the uk.

Jo

Archived