authorised investment to meet pass mark?

Guest aliduck

Guest aliduck

Just wondering if anyone has had experience of investing with the Australian government in order to meet the 120 point pass mark? We are 5 points short so will be following this route and have been presented with a list of investment authorities and we're wondering which one to go with. Could anyone out there offer any words of wisdom?

Guest leanneandmark

Hi we too came up 5 points short, so we are going for an stni visa instead (you only need 70 points i think) and you don't have to invest.

Guest carla&trev

Hi,

What's an STNI visa and what are the eligibility requirements? Just wondering in case we fall at the first hurdle!

Carla

Guest silverstargazer38

STNI This is when your occupation is in demand in a certain area, so therefore you cant move where you want to for the first two years,

70 points usually required, for stni

Guest mr_nastey

Hello,

I have just recently claimed for Australian capital investment.

If you are applying for a Skilled PR Visa (Skilled independent 136 for example) you will find a list of appropriate investment companies in Booklet 6 (get from dimia website).

Basically every state has a recommended investment agency, but you don't have to live in the state you invest.

I invested with the South Australian Financing Authority because it was incredibly easy by following the instructions on their website. Just fill in 2 simple forms (one from SAFA and one from Dimia), one phonecall to SAFA and then transfer the money (I got an excellent rate with my bank (Barclays). With Barclays you can guaranee your exchange rate because the transfer is over £25000 as the process can take some time (up to 7 days). No, I don't work for Barclays it was just the first time they have ever done anything positive for me!!

The SAFA link is: http://www.safa.sa.gov.au/homepage.html

Regards Steve.

Archived