TV channels in oz ?

Guest stokebloke

Guest stokebloke

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone can shed any light in the telly situation in oz (perth).

1. Can you get British (real) football on the telly i.e premiership etc

2. If you can, do you need to subscribe to a certain TV company, like here sky and setanta.

3. What are the costs

Also, what is the British football like over there, a friend of mine has a lot to do with Joondaloop FC and says its very much like our non league. A couple of hundred people and a good game and laugh.

Anyway enough waffle for know, but any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone can shed any light in the telly situation in oz (perth).

2. If you can, do you need to subscribe to a certain TV company, like here sky and setanta.

3. What are the costs

Also, what is the British football like over there, a friend of mine has a lot to do with Joondaloop FC and says its very much like our non league. A couple of hundred people and a good game and laugh.

Thanks

Foxtel is the Sky equivalent and yes they show plenty of premiership matches, more than the UK I am led to believe. I have the full package on Foxtel IQ (Sky + similar) and it costs me $115 per month.

You can watch every premiership game on Foxtel live including the saturday 3pm kick-offs just push the red button and select your game.which I find really good but everything else on the tele is quite dire. You see eastenders ,corrie the bill and duff stuff like that but its all about a year old. Thank god for the simpsons they seem to be on every channel so for me out here its footy or the simpsons. Failing that its Football manger 2008 on the Laptop. Good luck mate.

Guest JoanneHattersley

Have to say I watch more DVDs and listen to more music since being here! LOL! The channels are not fantastic by any means!

The good thing is that you get shows fastracked from the US so you get it a night or two after the states watch it. Things like Heroes, lost , house etc.

Other than that, dig out the cd collection !LOL

Hi all,

3. What are the costs

Thanks

Hi

We are in Perth telly is ****e Satellite (sky) Foxtel sports you get all the footy prem league early saturday kick off best with daylght saving 9 hrs in front kick off 9.30 pm

12 midnite 300 kick offs great if you can stop up because they have featured match and hit the red button you can watch any of the others .

Joony FC what the F The aussie A league Perth G Adelaide etc is bit like 2nd conference , the non league is prob top sunday stuff or very minor Saturday stuff more like local am anglo footy. Not as good as anglo regional my old area north Blu star leagur , North eastern counties etc

Mally

Hi

The tv's shocking even with Foxtel (which I wished we'd never bothered with to be honest) I am just catchingup with Eastenders though which probably shows how bad it is-lol!

Mandy x

Archived