Irish on the Gold Coast

Irish Lass

Hi all,

Even though im a paddy and not a pom, i hope you dont mind me joining this site..

My name is Anne, im originally from Ireland, lived in london for 10 years and moved to the Gold Coast 3 years ago. I have a little aussie whos 13 months.

I'm a bit unsettled here in Oz since i had my daughter last year, even more so when we went to see my family in June this year. I've been homesick ever since and its just getting worse now that christmas is nearly here..

It would be nice to chat with and hopefully meet others from my part of the world.

Cheers

Guest tony and sheena

Hi Anne,

Welcome to PIO.

We are still in Ireland, but are planning on arriving to Pacific Pines or nearby, perhaps in January, nothing booked yet as we're still trying to sort a few things out.

Whereabouts on the GC are you and what part of Ireland are you from?

Sheena

Hi Anne, Send a PM to MRS C on here as she has a Scrummie Mummie club. Mrs C is a wonderful person and you will find her very welcoming

Hope you find some buddies soon

• 1 month later...
Hi Anne,

Welcome to PIO.

We are still in Ireland, but are planning on arriving to Pacific Pines or nearby, perhaps in January, nothing booked yet as we're still trying to sort a few things out.

Sheena

Sorry for the delayed reply to the thread, i forgot i posted it...

Hi Sheena, thanks for the welcome. Im in Robina which is on the central part of the GC, about 15 mins drive in from the beach. I'm originally from Cork, where are you from?

I'd love to get in contact when you arrive. Pacific Pines seems to be a popular spot to live. Are you any nearer sorting things out? Bet you cant wait to leave the miserable winter behind you.

Guest snow white
Hi Anne,

Welcome to PIO.

Sheena

hi sheena,

whereabouts on pacific pines are you staying we live on pac pines sorry not irish only a geordie but if you need any help with anything when you arrive give me a shout be glad to help anyone out, you havent got long left until you fly bet you cant wait not long left until your new life in oz

lesley x

Guest snow white
Thanks for that!

hi anne,

as im sure youve read im not far from you only in pac pines 15 mins away if your ever at a loss can always meet up for a coffee and a chat let me know

lesley xxx

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TheKellys

Hi Irish Lass, I like yourself am feeling really unsettled at the moment. We are here since october last year and am finding it hard toi settle in. Hubby was here for 5 years before and I spent a year here back packing in 2000. We are living in Keperra, north Brisbane but would love to meet for a coffee / chat. I am pregnant on first baby, due in 3 weeks..... Spend most days around the house, so pm me if you want to meet for coffee in the next week or so. I have a car so can travel to meet you. Sinead

• 4 weeks later...
Guest catcat

Hi, I'm living on the Gold Coast and although I love it I get homesick too! Im english but from an irish family, I grew up in London and emigrated out here to be with my partner...

Would be happy to meet up, sounds like we have some things in common!

Cat

Archived