shipping small amounts ???????

tazbear

Can anyone help im looking to send a small amount of personnal bits and bobs few kids toys and a PC across to myself in Perth when I get there anyone used any good reliable companys ? Iv found loads to ship the whole house with but Im just wanting a small amount as we intend buying the rest when we arrive (shop shop shop ) Thanks in advance for any help

Julia :notworthy:

Hi Julia

I recently went to london expo and spoke to a few removal companies, they said that if only shipping a small amount you could share a container with someone else in the same position as you. it may take a little longer but works out a lot cheaper. Try PSS or Pickfords. You could even just try your local phone book, a lot of smaller companies will do oversees removals but check they dont just sub out once in oz.

good luck and enjoy the shopping, we plan to do the same thing. but knowing me i'll never be able to part with anything.lol

lynne

Guest Keeley & Tom

Hi,

Like you we only shipped over a small amount, all my OH power/hand tools, and other bits and pices like the WII, XBOX and bits and bobs. We used a company called Robinsons, they were excellent. Cost us 590 pound including the insurance. We shared a container and it took about 13 weeks from the day they left our house in the UK to arrive here in Fremantle. Everything was in perfect condition, I shipped over some of my very delicate favorite Champagne glasses and they were all perfect. Robinsons came round and packed everything up and for the price we seemed to have lots of boxes available in our limit to fill. Hope this helps.

Hi Keeley, love the name (same as my daughters). I'll keep that company's name in mind for when we go, which is hopefully June/July time. Price seems really good, though we will be shipping bed, and a few bits of furniture though not much, so I hope we can still share a container. Still its ages away yet so got a bit of time.

how are you likeing life in oz.

lynne

Guest tracynben

hi there we used pss, and they were great, we shipped lots of things over, inc tv, beds and stuff, and not one thing was broken, they came to house supplied all boxes and packed everything, you could do it yourself though if you dont have a lot, and they will supply the boxes. they have a website, just google it, it cost us about £2k inc insurance but we had much more than you appear to be taking, i think it took about 12 weeks and arrived in freemantle.

tracy xxxxx

Hi,

We used a company called Whites and Co. They were great, our shipment wat 90 x 90m which I think is their minimum. The only thing with this is you can sometimes be the first in that container and you have to wait for it to be filled before it leaves the UK. We were lucky it took about 10 weeks in total for about 700 pounds.

E x

Archived