Same as Carol

Mike@Bonbeach

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, We purchased our LCD Panasonic Viera tv from currys in 2004 and brought this to Australia with us and connected to a top box it work perfect here, we also brought small tvs microwave,dvd machine (as some of the oz dvds are uk region based to) but we did buy a cheap aussies dvd machine of ebay here for the dvds that are only oz region, henry hoover all our electrical things even our english cordless telephones work here fine

Guest BullcreekBob

G'day

Both your TV and DVD will work - to a point. If they have inbuilt digital tuners, they will both work fine but if they only have analog tuning they will be restricted in what they pick up. The 4 main free to air TV stations in Oz (Channel 2, The 7 Netork, The 9 Network, and The 10 Network) are on the VHF band whereas in the UK and indeed most of Europe all the TV channels are on the UHF band. So the analog tuner of your TV and DVD will not pick up those networks, only SBS (channel 28) and local TV (channel 31). The problem is easily fixed by attaching a digital set top box to your TV and watch that, besides the digital picture is widescreen and better quality than the analog transmission on the VHF/UHF bands.

A cheap digital set top box will cost less than $50 or 20 pound.

Cheers

Bob in Bull Creek

I wish we had ignored some of the posts we read and brought the electricals anyway. In fact, if I could go back and do it all over again, I would bring absolutely everything and leave nothing... not a pin.

We could have saved a fortune if we had done so and now that I know how well people do with garage sales, I also wish I'd bought a stack of stuff at auction to fill the container with, stored it in the garage and then had a massive sale! People pay ridiculous prices for household goods from U.K.

With specific regard to T.V. and DVD players though, I wish we had brought ours if only to watch our British DVDs on and the old tele would have been fine as a second or for computer games and the like. As it is, we have to watch British DVDs on the laptop! The Royale Family loses something unless you are sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea and a club biscuit!!!!!!!!

Archived