So depressed here now

Guest lovediving

Guest lovediving
you are so right sun and sea do not make up for not having any family around you

I hope it all works out for you I know how hard it is to be here and unhappy and feel so alone

Hi Tai,

Yes it is very hard, it is also hard making the move, even though I know it is the right thing I go from feeling very positive to oh maybe I should try harder, maybe there is more I could do. Yesterday I was so positive with it all and smiling and then today doubtful but I put that down to the fact that over the last two years I have become quite depressed here so once I get home things will be OK, even my doctor advised me to make the move based on what I told him.

Made some progress today advertised my car and am starting to sort out what furniture I am selling, most of it I shipped over from the UK and I dont really want to ship it all the way back again, does not make sense.

Anyway, tomorrow will be one more day towards my return to normality.

regards

Hi Tai,

Yes it is very hard, it is also hard making the move, even though I know it is the right thing I go from feeling very positive to oh maybe I should try harder, maybe there is more I could do. Yesterday I was so positive with it all and smiling and then today doubtful but I put that down to the fact that over the last two years I have become quite depressed here so once I get home things will be OK, even my doctor advised me to make the move based on what I told him.

Made some progress today advertised my car and am starting to sort out what furniture I am selling, most of it I shipped over from the UK and I dont really want to ship it all the way back again, does not make sense.

Anyway, tomorrow will be one more day towards my return to normality.

regards

yep I know what you mean we are selling most of ours as well Ild say we will be at a loss to as we got it through finance. hopefully though you will get a good price for yous do well at home when you buy new Ebay is great and gumtree here .

bet you feel better about your decision and will wake up feeling better every day I know im beging to get excited at the thoughts of going back home 11 weeks

good luxk with your move and keep us posted on how your getting on you have come a long way :yes:

Love diving I just wanted to say that I also wondered if I should stay in oz, try harder - that kind of thing. When you don't feel happy and are not really yourself you will doubt every decision you make, even the easy ones like what to wear today - I know I did!!!!

I am now home in the UK, I've been here just over 24 hours and can't tell you how relieved I feel. Just getting on that plane I knew I was doing the right thing. It was like that cloud of doubt and depression lifted as soon as I said goodbye to Australia.

I know it's early days yet but those feelings say it all for me. Besides which I am not in such a comfortable position now I am home. I'm not in my house (thank goodness we didn't sell it), don't have a car, have little money and no job yet - saying that I'm still glad to be back.

Good luck to you all.

Guest lovediving
Love diving I just wanted to say that I also wondered if I should stay in oz, try harder - that kind of thing. When you don't feel happy and are not really yourself you will doubt every decision you make, even the easy ones like what to wear today - I know I did!!!!

I am now home in the UK, I've been here just over 24 hours and can't tell you how relieved I feel. Just getting on that plane I knew I was doing the right thing. It was like that cloud of doubt and depression lifted as soon as I said goodbye to Australia.

I know it's early days yet but those feelings say it all for me. Besides which I am not in such a comfortable position now I am home. I'm not in my house (thank goodness we didn't sell it), don't have a car, have little money and no job yet - saying that I'm still glad to be back.

Good luck to you all.

Hi Jenki,

You must of been reading my mind......

I spoke to my brother this morning in the UK as my mind is like a whirlwind my thinking ranges from yes I am going home and positive to maybe I will try Brisbane or New Zealand or another blimin planet !!!!! He said to me that I am better off in the UK and what would be the point of me staying in Australia in the frame of mind I am in, run out of money and live on the street in the end, he really scared me.

The thing that worries me the most about things is that I will have nothing when I get home, I sold my house to move to OZ, most of the money is spent now and I have not been successful in getting a job here. The thing is I am highly qualified in what I do I am in Senior Management and it is embarrising the way that I have been living for the last couple of years, what was the point of getting a degree spending all those years working and building myself to where I wanted to be only to not get anywhere in OZ, sorry to go on there.

But when I think of my daily life here it is like groundhog day, I get up, got to the gym, look for jobs watch tv, go for a walk and all the time talk to nobody but my friends in the UK and the internet, I know I have to go. All I wish is that when I get on that plane I feel a sense of relief like you have as I know I have really suffered here and I am half the person I used to be, I just want to smile again.

Thanks for writing that.

regards

BIG hugs

lovediving. sounds like you have made the right choice. and the good thing abotu all the work you put in to it? well you know you gave it a fair go and it will never cross your mind that you didnt. you tried it and you didnt liek it. you still have your degree, you still have high earning potential in the UK so do whatever yuou have to to get back here and re-connect. id also suggest keeping up with the dr. the initial euphoria may wear off and leave you bewildered again. have you considered a homeopath? im seeing one for fertility issues and she is fabulous. you talk for hours and then she makes a dignosis. ask your dr for a referral to a local one - you will have to pay for it but it is well worth it for feelings of loss and guilt and despair - all of which i know a little something about.

Guest lovediving

Hi TJ

I have a huge amount of support in the UK, not only with my friends and family but in terms of knowing where I am and where I am going. I know the system there and know what it takes to get on.

The doctors also feel that it just has not worked out for me and trying and trying has just led me to get down, I think I will be alright once things are sorted.

Guest Jordannnn!

Hi,

I Lived here for a year n a bit now n i grew up in by London to i would go back if i could family friends the lot out here i have nuffink, nuffink at all go home where u noo u av family n friends to support ya . x

Archived