Transferring $ back to £

2tigers

I guess a few on here do this.... send your AU$ to the UK?

Can you give me some advice please?

Which company do you use and whats the ins/outs of it all!

Also, whats your opinion of the $ getting strong again...

Thanks

Guest roverbelle

hi 2tigers

We recently got some of our money back that was sitting in a uk bank account, the company we used is ozforex.com.au see here for starters Oz Forex Foreign Exchange | Market FX

Basically they offer better buy/sell spreads than you get at a bank branch, fees are competitive at £7 or $15aud and rates are live so you can take advantage immediately of any change in the market as I did when i.r rates were cut here. Minimum deal must be $2000 and they have an Australian Financial Services Licence.

We had previously gone through some of these migration places to send money but found they have bad rates and high fees but I guess that’s because they don't keep the same records as those regulated by governments which require copies of bank account statement and drivers licence to prevent money laundering

Hope that helps

Not that I usually have very much to send but when I do, I just do an internet transfer with my bank. I think it costs me $25 no matter how much it is.

Unfortunately I think the dollar is going to be down the pan for some time - it is where it has been pretty much for the past few years, give or take a cent or two. With international confidence in Aus not being that great I dont see it soaring like it did earlier this year unfortunately (my last exchange I got 2.06 to the pound and was kicking myself because I had missed the 2.04!).

Archived