Where to go now?

noel2538

hi

just starting, we had few free assessment on parnters skill, he's Welder/fabricator/Fitter, and they came back eligible for 'Skilled Visa'.

i downloaded TRA form, i need to complete this, its so long, and return it with fee, i think. Can remember what site i got it from, where can i get some more information on it :?:

Is the order of things: TRA, ETA, Skilled Visa, medicals, police checks, charater references :?:

just random questions: is there a certain amount of money you need to have to aussie bank account :?: (we have lot equity in house when sold)

thanks x :)

Hiya which skilled visa is it ,,ours was 136 independant based on diesel fitter,if yours is the same its up to you what money you bring and bank ,but you have to declare at customs if you have more than $10,000 cash on you.Make sure your tra is detailed to the point of boring,list EVERY tool used no matter how important you think it is.did you not get a page with the form that explains what to do with each question? i know alot of the forms were updated in the last few month ,make sure its the right forms you have downloaded too.hope this helps you a bit

Cal x

Not sure what skilled visa it was, how do i find out :?:

I haven't got the page that explains what to do with each questions :( I'll have to do another search, hopefully i can find it :)

we wouldnt be taken cash directly out of uk via airport, transfer to aussie bank before we go. Is there a limit to the amount and do you have to pay UK tax :?:

Noel x

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Noel

YOu CANNOT do this on the strength of nothing but a free on-line assessment by a computer, my friend. Those assessment tools are just marketing gimmicks designed to get you to instruct the Agent concerned. They are not remotely reliable.

If you want a proper self-assessment tool, use this one:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/index.htm

It is infinitely too soon to be thinking about filling in forms. Do a STACK of homework first, I suggest,

Good luck!

Gill

Hi Gill

The assessments I got were from three different Agencies. I was recommended two from this site; overseas-emigration and ozmigrationagency(Bird Migration) and another one called AMA ltd which I phoned direct, as they are in Manchester.

I am in the process of reading many books and doing my HOMEWORK and have already visit the site you recommended. My partners occupation is on the SOL and he requires a TRA before we can proceed further :)

We have a short time scale as my partner will be 45 Sept 2008, so do you think its best to go through an Agent who can fill in TRA and Visa Application forms properly :?:

Thanks Noel x

Guest silverstargazer38

http://www.workplace.gov.au/workplace/Category/SchemesInitiatives/TRA/Usefullinks.htm

then download pre migration pack, this is the new tra application form it has other info there with it. We are doing it ourselves as saves £££s

we are currently working on our own tra

you need all qualifications you have done, a description of what he did at college tasks carried , apprenticeships proof done one copy them, and then they have to be certified like you would a passport photo, I certify that this is a true copy of the certificate, signed by

id would be copy of passport of person applying for tra

copy of marriage certificate.

contact everywhere worked for and get letterhead from company and letter of proof that he has worked there, full time, job decription and time worked there, we have been doing this today :)

i ve already downloaded forms but it looks so complicated :?

basically my OH has to write down, on TRA, every little detail of his job, including every single task he has ever done, including all tools he can use, is that right :?: All college work and all vehicles he can drive etc too !

He's worked for his present employer for over 17 years, before that he was subcontractor self employed and from school he worked on a farm(guy now dead) Does he have to put all jobs and references?

He contructed a Kit Car, does he mentioned that ? God my head hurt :roll:

his id would be Passport and birth certificate-not married, yet :lol:

Is there anything ive missed ?good luck with your TRA :)

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Deb

You say that your Partner will be 45 in September 2008. Do you mean 2008 - 18 months time - or September 2007? If he won't be 45 until September 2008 then you've got plenty of time in hand with no need to try to rush unduly.

If he will be 45 in September 2007 then if it were me, I would be inclined to use a Migration Agent who is known to be good at skilled visas, the TRA etc. As far as I know, all 3 of the agencies you have mentioned have plenty of experience with skilled visas.

Go Matilda are probably one of the best-known Migration Agencies in the UK. As I understand their fee-structure, they would help you with the TRA on its own if you wish. They seem to be quite happy to do as much or as little of the process as you wish for you, and set their fee accordingly.

Also, rather than these on-line assessment things, the Go Matilda agents are happy to give you a free 20 minutes or so on the phone and they would probably tell you which visas you should consider based on your points. With about a dozen to choose from, I reckon it really does simplify matters if an agent tells you which ones to look at and which ones to ignore. If you wish, I believe they would look at your draft TRA submission for £x and tell you what they think, whether it could be beefed up more and if so how and so forth.

A lot of other agencies want an "all or nothing" deal where they want to handle the whole thing from start to finish.

If you could score 120 points or more, the best visa by miles would be the skilled 136. It is the *only* visa for Australia that comes with absolutely no strings of any sort attached to it. So go for that one if you can and only consider the others if you cannot get enough points for the 136, I would say.

Yes, everything I've read about the TRA suggests that they want to know what sort of welding rods Hubby has used, the exact thickness and type of steel he has used and what for etc etc. The people assessing theTRA have never welded or fabricated anything themselves, so unless you spell it out in minute detail for them, they won't know whether Hubby is skilful or not. From what I've read, there is no such thing as overkill with the amount of detail you provide in the TRA!

It would be worth putting out a call on the forum for welders/fabricators because there maybe someone who has passed the TRA who could send you a copy of whatever they sent in, which might help.

Good luck with it.

Gill

Archived