validating visa

samozsoon

hi

could anyone tell me please when validating visa's do the whole family have to go together ?

i'm asking as we are hoping to go before christmas so two younger kids can start school in jan but my eldest is staying here to finish A levels, if however we decide to go earlier could eldest stay here and come out at christmas instead, valdating his visa then, as i would like him to come for xmas & school hols and this would save him coming twice thus saving us the cost of an air fare!!

we sent police checks of 2 wks ago and are waiting for meds in march.

hope someone can help

many thanks sam :)

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sam

Please see this thread

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3043

Obviously, the child on that thread is much younger than yours. Your eldest need not travel with you as long as he enters Oz before by the deadline given for Initial Entry. Also, secondary applicants cannot enter Australia prior to the main applicant's entry.

Cheers

Gill

Guest leanneandmark

OH PANTS. just read the post, i thought it was just the lead applicant that had to validate the visa. :oops:

With three monsters 8, 4 and 18 months do we have to take em all?????

Can't sell our house for 18 months or we will loose so much money, but i don't think we could afford 5 return flights either.

D'oh What to do, What to do.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Leanne

What about renting your house out until you can sell it? Would that be a way round the problem?

Cheers

Gill

Guest leanneandmark

Thought of that but don't have any savings to speak of (The sacrifice of private education for kids) so would have to have a job to go too i suppose.

I think if we put house on market in a year, hope to sell to complete march (or after) if visa takes a year from now (or are they quicker :? ) that gives 6 months to move,

err i think. :!:

Hmm is it to early for a drink :?:

Guest leanneandmark

DER!!!! :oops: Oh dear think i am in need of that drink.

Can sell house in 13 months ( we were gonna put on market nx month) Sooo... We should be ok time wise if visas are about a year away and a year to validate.

(providing house sells)

I hope.

Leanne

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Leanne

One way to make this work might be as follows:

Once you hear from a CO, my inclination would be to ring him/her and explain the situation with not being able to afford to complete a sale of your house until dd/mm/yyyy.

The CO might be willing to give you longer than usual to get the police checks and meds done so as to give you the most time that he or she can before you have to make your Initial Entry to Oz.

What they don't like - and react badly to - is people making stupid, weaselly excuses for wanting time extensions when it is perfectly obvious to anyone with a couple of brain cells that the truth is NOT as the applicant is representing it to be. However, the COs do not get bonuses or other prizes for completing x number of visas a month or any of the other bribes that Bank Staff get for lending you money at usurous rates. Therefore if you have a genuine reason for needing to slow the process down a bit, DIAC actually has no reason to want to force you to hurry.

I think that if they know the truth, they will do a trade with you, honey.

Cheers

Gill

Guest leanneandmark

Thanks Gill,

As helpful as ever, thats an idea to keep in mind, they are only human after all.

Must get off this darn pc and go and help my boys make their snowman whilst the baby sleeps.

Thanks

Leanne.

Thanks Gill for your reply thats good to know, although not happy about leaving him here even though he will be 18 in nov :cry:

Theres always the chance he'll change his mind about coming!!

Hi Leanne

Just to let you know we have delayed our medicals because our youngest was under going some tests when they requested them -dec 21st to be in by jan 19th- he's now been given all clear so have rang a few docs to arrange them but the earliest app is in april!!

So thats wasted a few months - lol

Dont know what the CO said as our agents sorted that but i assume its ok as i havent heard anything since.

Hope that helps a bit, good luck

Sam

Archived