flights booked Dec 08

Guest Aussiegirl

Guest Aussiegirl

Haven't logged on for a while but I have been reading this site almost every day to help me with the biggest decision of my life. Anyway flights are booked - sunny Brisbane here we come. Hope to reside in Wellington Point/Birkdale.

Wow, xmas on the beach for you then. Hopefully we'll be there too. Hope you dont mind me asking but who are you flying with and how much did it cost? was wondering if flights in dec-jan were very expensive as its their summer?

Guest The Hoys hoping.........
Haven't logged on for a while but I have been reading this site almost every day to help me with the biggest decision of my life. Anyway flights are booked - sunny Brisbane here we come. Hope to reside in Wellington Point/Birkdale.

How fantastic.........lucky you, wish I could book our flights, just need that visa first! :arghh:

Really pleased for you, enjoy christmas on the beach:yes:

Good Luck

Guest Aussiegirl
Wow, xmas on the beach for you then. Hopefully we'll be there too. Hope you dont mind me asking but who are you flying with and how much did it cost? was wondering if flights in dec-jan were very expensive as its their summer?

We paid £2500 one way with singapore airlines. Good luck with your plans

Guest Jillaroo

Hi!

I'm also flying to Brisbane with Singapore airlines on the 8th Dec.... unfort I don't have my permanent visa granted yet, but am going over on a tourist visa for a reccie and then travelling to NZ hoping the visa will be granted sometime early next year, fingers crossed! Luckily I sold my house a couple of years ago, plus I'm a single 30something with no ties so have been able to do a fair amount of travel (backpacking) ever since....that's when I discovered Oz!

I have friends who live in Birkdale, it's a nice suburb, handy for the city too. Do you know where you will be staying yet? I'm probably going to head up to the Sunny Coast (my fave place) to chill out over Xmas on the beach, really looking forward to it.

Lots of luck with your new life in Brisbane.... maybe I'll see you on the flight! :spinny:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest spadgersdad

Hi Aussiegirl

Wellington Point and Birkdale are excellent places , we settled in Thornlands , approx 10 mins drive to there , our daughter goes to Wellington Point State School and she loves it. Never looked back.

All The Best

Sharon

Archived