SCHOOLS IN ACT - LOCATION OF DHA PROPERTY IN RELATION

Guest Marie and Paul

Guest Marie and Paul

Hi

We are due to fly into Canberra on 19 Apr 07 so we are going to get there when the schools are closed for holidays, we were wondering while we wait for some info to come from ADF with contact no for new unit as to if there was anyone out there who is in ACT living in an DHA property and has children around the ages of 10 and 7.

Sorry no info on schools, its daycare I'm trying to sort out for my dd.

Just wanted to say Hi and see you there, as we fly out on the 18th April to Canberra.

Do the DoD provide your long term rental accomodation?

My dh is working for another gov dept and they will be providing temp accomodation for a 3/4 weeks but then we need to find our own. This is turning out to be a major worry as apparently rental properties are like gold dust.

Good luck with your plans.

Guest Marie and Paul

Hi

We fly on the 16th as they only fly on Mon, and then we have 2 night layaway in KL before flying onto Sydney (dont think there is a direct flight to Canberra) with Malaysian Airlines, they provide temp accomodation and car hire (CH for 1 week) temp acc until we find a property we like that DHA own, if not we can rent privately and then DHA will still subsidise our rental. Husband starts earning as soon as he pledges his allegiance to the Australian Army on Mon 16, so they provide CH and hotel in London on the Sun before we fly and then pick us up to take us to Australia House get the all important visa stamped in the passport and wait at the hotel until we are picked up for the flight on Mon.

Can't wait it has been a long time coming and just about to start the inventory for the removals and the forms that need sending back to Australia House for relocation and expenses.

But this is the last step, removals go on the 26th March.

Keep in touch, OH is posted to Campbell, very close to the city centre, so going to look for a house about 30/40 mins away north so nearer sydney and friends.

Guest uksniper

Have you tried emailing the state REDLO. We did and they have been excellent with loads of info and help.

The contact addresses etc are in the booklet they gave you at the interview or on the disk. If not you will be able to track them down through the Aussie Army website.

Guest Marie and Paul

Hi UKSniper

Will do, just booked hotel in London Millenium Gloucester and hotel in KL Micasa All suites (looks very nice) cant wait assessor is coming on 12 Feb and all systems go.

Guest nev_n_angie

We are off to Canberra in August/Sept - the lady you need to contact is Suzanne McBride - redlo.act@defence.gov.au

I hope this helps - we had an email from her a coupel of months ago and she's sent LOADS of stuff to us - very helpful!

Angie

Archived