Child Tax Credits Equivelant

Guest ditsyruth

Guest ditsyruth

Hi

I am just trying to work out living costs for when we get to Oz. We have 3 children and in the UK benefit greatly from child tax credits. Does anyone know if there is an similar system in Oz?

Thanks for help as always

Ruth

Guest Scots-in-Brissie

We have Family Tax Benefit parts A&B. But there are requirement with visa status and how long you've been in Aus for.

Have a look at Customer online services (Centrelink)

Half way down on the right is a rate estimator. It may be of some help.

Guest The Pom Queen

Depending on visa you should be fine for Family Tax, however, you won't qualify for other benefits until you have been in the country for 2 years ie. rent aid etc.

Guest dan&nikki

what about child benefit - i assume when we leave here it stops, but id there OZ child benefit there ?( we have applied for a PR 175, )

We are going on a 163 (business skills visa) and are sponsored by NSW. Our agent has told us not to expect any financial help until we have applied for Permanent Resident status. At the moment I run a sucessful business in the UK with a big turnover (but not a huge profit margin!) and receive WFTC which help tremendously. I'm expecting to work VERY hard when we get there as our only income will be generated from whichever business I decide to buy / start. It's going to be worth it though!

Guest ditsyruth

Thanks for all the help. I have checked it out now and think we would be better off financially in oz. My partner is an aussie citizen and I will be on a spousal visa. We have a baby and I also have 2 children from a previous marriage so I don't think we will have any problems. I am starting to think that the sooner we move the better.

Ruth, Ben, Fin, Darcy and Marnie

Guest neilalys

would like to know about child benefit , as if on student visa for 2 years we would not have emigtated untill we apply after 2 years, so technically were still uk residents, so does anybody know, thanx

would like to know about child benefit , as if on student visa for 2 years we would not have emigtated untill we apply after 2 years, so technically were still uk residents, so does anybody know, thanx

Hi Neilalys

As far as I'm aware you have be actually in the UK to receive any UK benefits, even if you aren't a permanent resident in another country. The child benefit people send reminders out after every budget (usually to advise if there are any increases) and they say that if you're out of the country for any extended period of time you have to let them know as the benefit stops.

All the best

Zoe xx

Archived