i need some positive coments

jackster

hi everyone,

ive hit a lul,done the ielts test (results in a week) passed the paper part of the vettassess, booked the practical 17th feb....now what!!!!.......... one big questioni have, how strict do you think the oz gov are being at the moment, and how much is the skilled migration scheme valued ( im a carpenter & joiner) ok 2 questions:smile:

I was led to believe, by my agent, that once you have had your skills assessed and your points are in order ( have enough), the visa is yours, the only thing that changes is the amount of time it takes to get it! So if you have applied this year and the quota is reached your app then move in a queue to next year! Does anybody else know whether this is true or not?

Guest dan&nikki

OMG - i hope not!, but it wouldnt surprise me!

We sent our application of on 21/4/08 -acknowledged on 28th, done meds and PC's off our own back as the trend seemed to be the ones who had frontloaded got their visas quicker, we are 6months in and nothing happening.

this waiting sucks!

think is tho if you front load your meds they will expire 12 months later, so if it is going to be pushed to next year you might have to have them redone. hope you all get your paperwork thru soon

Guest UGandSMUG

Never really thought about the whole quota thing before, do they make it public as to when they've hit the limit? Also, does it run January to January?

All so confusing......

Archived