Schools in Port Kennedy/Warnbro/Rockingham

Guest guest17301

Guest guest17301

Can anybody give me any info on primary schools in the Rockingham to Port Kennedy area please? Daughter will be attending primary school for the last year in January. She will go to a state school and we will look at private schools when she goes to high school. I've looked on the schools online site already and was hoping for some 'insider' knowledge really.

Any info good or bad would be appreciated. Don't know where to start really and I suppose it will depend where we end up living..we will have a good look around the suburbs when we arrive

Thanks Fiona x

Guest hartleys

Hi Fiona,

I have registered Jessica at Maranathur Christian College which is a private school but a fraction of the cost of our private system. I chose her not just for the facilities and location but also because she would stay here until year 12 instead of going to primary for a year then having to change again, i thought the fewer moves the better. Hope this helps

Lisa

Can anybody give me any info on primary schools in the Rockingham to Port Kennedy area please? Daughter will be attending primary school for the last year in January. She will go to a state school and we will look at private schools when she goes to high school. I've looked on the schools online site already and was hoping for some 'insider' knowledge really.

Any info good or bad would be appreciated. Don't know where to start really and I suppose it will depend where we end up living..we will have a good look around the suburbs when we arrive

Thanks Fiona x

When I first arrived my daughter went to Warnbro Primary for the first 6 months - I found it to be a really good school and my daughter was very happy there. She started high school in February and has settled very well and is happy there - again doing really well. What I will say is that in speaking to people about HIgh Schools everyone has an opinion - I have heard bad things about every high school in the area and I`ve also heard good things about every high school in the area - it really does depend on who you speak to. What I would say is wait until you get here work out where you will be living and then look round the schools, phone them up and ask questions and make your own mind up - you know your kids and how they`ll settle. Also remember that if you are not in the catchment area, then the school does not have to take your child.

Archived