What a great week we've had!!

NTH SHARMAN

We've had a great time this week and I just wanted to share it.

Tuesday night we headed to the nearest beach (about 25 mins) and had a long walk and a paddle before heading home for dinner. Thursday me and Haylz met Neil after work at the Adventure Golf Park in Dingley Village. Well worth a trip. Cost us $8.50 each for unlimited play and the courses are brilliant. Nothing like crazy golf in the uk. Your balls are flying up in the air, getting sucked up tubes and rolling down tunnels and slides, real sand bunkers and real water hazards (now steady on, you know I mean golf balls!!!). :biglaugh:

Saturday after Haylz had finished swimming squad, we drove down to Mornington and hit the beach. What a scorcher it was. Haylz and Neil had a swim in the sea and we just lazed around all afternoon reading and having a laugh. Then we called for fish and chips on the way home and watched a film while eating them.

Sunday we all went for a run around the lakes near us. Then, quick shower and change and off to Berwick market. Got some lovely strawberries, 4 punnets for $6, had a great coffee and wandered around. Then we took a picnic to Wilson Botanical Park and spent the afternoon there just walking and enjoying the views. Got back late afternoon and me and Haylz went on the trampoline for an hour before having a barbecue to finish the weekend off.

We've just had a great time this week. I think its been my favourite week so far since we've been here. And the best thing is that aside from the Crazy Golf, the rest of it cost us next to nothing. No admission fee for the botanical park, no parking charges at the beaches, no hard sell at the market. It's just great!!

T xx

We were at Berwick market yesterday, picked up three tomatoe plants for $3, bargin.

The golf sounds great will have to give that a go.

We're not far from you (posting this from Narre Warren library) but living in Berwick.

Xtonite

Guest spottymercedes

Hello,

Your week does sound great. We live in Pakenham not far from you. We drove past the crazy golf thing the other day and commented on how nice it looked, we will have to check it out.

How long have you been here?

Guest angiebabe

Brilliant!!..so nice to read positive posts, and hear how others are getting on, sounds like you had a ball this week!

Not been here for that long and still having down days, think we really need to keep busy busy busy!!

Have looked at going to the golf park ourselves..will definitely give it a visit now.

Hi you three.

The golf was definitely worth a go. If you go after 5 on a weekday its $8.50 for unlimited, the rest of the time its $10 a round for adults and less for the kids, depending on ages.

Angie, I know what you mean about feeling a bit down. I've felt like that a few times. In fact at the beginning of last week I was feeling a bit fed up - I've put a bit of weight on, clothes a bit tight, house still not selling, etc, etc, and it was Neil who said we were going to do stuff that week. So glad he did. We haven't stopped laughing and joking all week. I feel really good and so looking forward to summer. Have a drive down to the coast one evening if you can. I guarantee that a walk on the beach, a little paddle and a look at the sun going down will make you feel so much better.

SpottyM we arrived on the 24th June, although it seems like a lot longer ago. We have some friends in Pakenham and were over there on Friday night actually. When did you get here?

Xtonite. Did you hear the panpipe band at the market yesterday? It's not my kind of music, but there's something relaxing about it. Whereabouts in Berwick are you?

T xx

Guest angiebabe

Us ladies should all have a get together!! coffee, chat, shopping or even a bike ride to keep us fit..i know what you mean about putting weight on lol must be cos i am driving everywhere!

Whats you name by the way...a women i met called Trudy and Darren said she knows someone in Narre Warren South..Our kids are in the same grade at school she has twins..is it you?

we have had a great week too, been to beach, into Melbourne this is what we came for!!!

WE are in Berwick too, I didn't know about the market was it just a one off or are they on a regular basis?

I just read your message Marie would be great to meet up again anytime suits me.

Jayne:jiggy:

Hi Jayne,

The market is e every Sunday 8.30am to 1.30ish. Its at Akkunah Park (think I might have spelt that wrongly) not far from Berwick Town Centre. Def worth a visit even if to just have a look at the English stall and wonder who would pay almost $3 for a packet of Victory Vs ha ha.

T xx

Guest angiebabe
Hi Jayne,

The market is e every Sunday 8.30am to 1.30ish. Its at Akkunah Park (think I might have spelt that wrongly) not far from Berwick Town Centre. Def worth a visit even if to just have a look at the English stall and wonder who would pay almost $3 for a packet of Victory Vs ha ha.

T xx

Have asked around if anyone knows where that market is...now i know will go on Sunday!!

Guest spottymercedes
Hi you three.

The golf was definitely worth a go. If you go after 5 on a weekday its $8.50 for unlimited, the rest of the time its $10 a round for adults and less for the kids, depending on ages.

Angie, I know what you mean about feeling a bit down. I've felt like that a few times. In fact at the beginning of last week I was feeling a bit fed up - I've put a bit of weight on, clothes a bit tight, house still not selling, etc, etc, and it was Neil who said we were going to do stuff that week. So glad he did. We haven't stopped laughing and joking all week. I feel really good and so looking forward to summer. Have a drive down to the coast one evening if you can. I guarantee that a walk on the beach, a little paddle and a look at the sun going down will make you feel so much better.

SpottyM we arrived on the 24th June, although it seems like a lot longer ago. We have some friends in Pakenham and were over there on Friday night actually. When did you get here?

Xtonite. Did you hear the panpipe band at the market yesterday? It's not my kind of music, but there's something relaxing about it. Whereabouts in Berwick are you?

T xx

Hello Nth Sharman,

We got to Oz on 10th May this year and moved into Pakenham on 30th May. We always liked the look and sound of Ferntree Gully but didn't like it that much so ended up in Pakenham. I sometimes think Pakenham is one of those places that people think is not that nice, but the more time we spend here the more we like it. Love Berwick too, but it seemed so expensive when we were looking for rentals.

We should do as Angie said and have a meeting for us lot in this area. I have met up with Jayne (bertie) and Emma (emmacantwaittogo) and am hoping to meet Angie (angiebabe) soon. We should all meet together.

Marie

x

Guest spottymercedes

I just read your message Marie would be great to meet up again anytime suits me.

Jayne:jiggy:

Thanks Jayne,

Will be in touch next day or 2.:wacko:

Marie

x

Guest katymary1

Hi,

Just come across your post - my family live iin Pakenham and we hope to be out there around June 09!!!

Loved Mornington and Berwick, so hopefully will end up in either??

Have you managed to drive the Ocean Road yet - that was fantastic!!

Guest spottymercedes

Hi there katymary1,

Where abouts in Pakenham do your family live? We are up on the hill on the north side. It is a small world. I have family back in Devon where you are. They are in Bideford. We were going to move to Devon had we not come here.

Have not done the ocean road yet, we did do a small part of it when we first arrived over the other side near Torquay and Anglesea, but not over here yet.

Hi

Yes I heard the pan pipes, not my kind of music either really though it is really nice to hear while wandering round the market. I saw the British stall did you notice the custard powder for $5 (I think) which went out of date in June!

We are on the Chase estate which is south Berwick. We only arrived 6 weeks ago and so far love it.

[

We are on the Chase estate which is south Berwick. We only arrived 6 weeks ago and so far love it.

Hi we are on The Chase aswell I can't believe how many Brits there are on this estate:yes:

[

Hi we are on The Chase aswell I can't believe how many Brits there are on this estate:yes:

So far I am really happy here, our neighbours are really helpful and friendly and the park is at the end of the road for the kids.

How long have you been here?

we have been here for 7 months now and settled in well the kids love it, and there are so many playgrounds on here that are all well kept.:yes:

Guest The Pom Queen
Been here just over 9 years now & slowly getting used to it. Think I might stay. :spinny:

Wow Bordy, didn't realise it was that long, we've been here nearly 4.5 years and love it to.:yes:

Archived