Advice on moving large items.

z&p

We are looking to move to Perth area september 2009. I have a number of large items that I want to bring with me.

Motorcycle. What do I need to do to bring my bike across.

Snookertable. I have always dreamed of owning a house big enough to put a full size snooker table in. I aquired a table some years ago, and it has been in pieces ever since. Clearly this is very heavy with x5 pieces of slate each wieghing 500wgt, and I have been informed there may be issues with wooden items mainly the frame.

Is weight a consideration when filling a container ?

Will I need to treat the wooden items

What happens when it arrives, do items like these causes problems, at the port.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul

I think with your bike as long as you have owned it for 12 months you are able to ship it to oz, if you google shipping my bike to australia it will bring up some companies that can give you advise, there is tax to pay on the importing it.

For shipping, if you are going to have a 40ft box then you can put around 20000 kilos in no problem, if you are going to ship groupage ie share a box then you would be charges on the weight.

Am not sure about the wood side of things, I have posted the same question, as I have several large expensive bits of wooden furniture all hand made and need to check about then what need to happen to get them into Oz.

Archived