Head Spinning Kindergarten/Prep School??

toughspiders

It doesnt take a lot to confuse me...

I'm not sure if my son will be entitled to any free education...(QLd) We are arriving in January

He was born September 2004 and therefore will not be 5 until September 2009.

I guess this means he isnt eligible for prep school, ...however...do they not have any free nursery type education prior to this???

Otherwise its two full time nurserys for me!! argggh

It doesnt take a lot to confuse me...

I'm not sure if my son will be entitled to any free education...(QLd) We are arriving in January

He was born September 2004 and therefore will not be 5 until September 2009.

I guess this means he isnt eligible for prep school, ...however...do they not have any free nursery type education prior to this???

Otherwise its two full time nurserys for me!! argggh

Hi,

The cut off for Prep year is 30th June, your child must be 5 before 30th June on the year they start Prep. Year runs January to December (like our sept to july). My daughter is 5 on the 7th July 2009 so she misses the school year so will not start prep until the following january 2010 at which time she will be 5 & half.

Other than that its kindy which here on the Gold Coast is approx $55-60 per day.

Em x

I thought so...its gonna cost about $2000 if they go into Nursery. Bummer!!

I looked into the child care benefit as well. It looks like we also wouldnt get any help on the benefit front due to our earnings.

Though may get a little tax rebate but i guess that comes after the first year??

I think we may have to do some maths. We still havent sold the house in the UK. But we have to enter by the 10th Jan so got to go really. I really dont fancy coming back wuth a two and four year old in tow....arghghhhhh

Archived