Hay St East Perth - Nice?

emmaj

Can someone tell me what East Perth is like particularly around the Hay St area?

We are struggling to find a furnished apartment for our trip and have found on in this area and would love to know if its a safe, nice area or not?

Also please tell me about central Perth - nice or nasty?

Many thanks

Emma

x

Hi Emma,

Hay Street is pretty much in central Perth. I wouldn't know whether it is safe or not but it will probably be fairly quiet at night. Being so central, you'll be able to walk most place and find the public transport accessible such as the trains and the busses etc.

I hope this helps as I am not too familiar with central Perth and more of a SoR person.

Hay street is a very long street that stretches from subiaco and through the CBD.. The city itself is probably like most other cities-a couple drunks and homeless people but i have never really seen any trouble. There are a number of hostels just to the left side of CBD so i would imagne ths could be a bit noisy but the further east you go the nicer it would be i would say. The only place i would want to stay away from is probably northbridge.

Archived