gold coast high schools

Guest nicola123

Guest nicola123

Hi

just wondered if anyone has any info on either helensvale or coombabah state high school I have looked at websites and thinking about both of these for when we move (hopefully) early next year for my two eldest boys. We need to be fairly near southport but school is the priority for area to live.

any comments much appreciated

thank you

Nicola x

Hi Nicola

We are in Arundel Hills and it is really nice here. Southport is just near by. We chose Pacific Pines High school for our son Bradley, even though it is a bit further away.

I did not like to look of Coombabah and Brad heard that Helensvale was a bit rough so didn't want to go there. I really am not an expert on this though it is just a personal opinion, but Pacific Pines is very modern, and has lot's to offer the children. They can get the bus easily (altho Brad goes on his bike with friends)

I hope this helps send me a PM if you want any more info.

April

Hi Nicloa,

could you tell me how far the gold coast is from Brisbane, we would like to live just outside but as i will hopefully be working in a hospital in the city i need to be able to get there fairly easily. (unless you know of another hospital in the suburbs.) Also, do you have any info on the suberbs surrounding Brisbane. we have a 17 year old who is in her first year of 6th form so will need to finish her course in oz. do we have to pay for her education. sorry to go on but just starting out on our journey and have loads of questions, I am going to Australian expo on Sat so hopefully will get some answers there.

many thanks

Lynne

Guest nicola123

Hi Lynne

I think the gold coast is about 40 minutes from brisbane I know people commute it but it would probably take longer in the rush hour or you can train it in as well. I think it depends what visa you are going on if you pay school fees. Should be free if you on a permanent visa if not then it is $8000 aud per year for a 17 year old doing year 11 and 12 in state school, Google maps is really good for measuring distant and checking out the local areas.

hope this helps

Nicola

Thanks for the prompt reply Nicola. i will be coming on a sponsorship visa as I'm 51 and too old for permanant one. Will have to factor in cost of schooling. 40 mins may be a bit too far to commute so will have to look for something closer which is a shame as Gold Coast looks great.

lynne

Archived