bit the bullet

Guest kelly

hi all

we acually took the brave pilland sent our forms into an agent on wednesday. We got a call today to say that we have a very strong chance of being accepted and we have a meeting booked for the 15th feb. bit scared as this means it is really happening but very excited also. we have spent the last 3 years discussing it and i cant quite believe we have started the ball rolling. :wink:

Guest spray21

Best of luck with it all - it will be a total epic! But hopefully worth it in the end, and you will always find lots of help and support on here. Enjoy! :D

thank you all for your kind words, i will probably need to shout laugh cry and jump for joy in the coming months and it is so reasurring that i can come on here and do it with people who understand. all i have to do now is tell my sister who is in complete denial and wont accept it, wont be easy and will be heart breaking but we have to do the best thing for us and our kids future lives, (wow, it has taken me 3 years to realise that,and make my decision to go.)

good luck to you all too, ill keep you posted on our progress

kelly :D

Kelly,

the fact that you've spent so much time considering it will probably make it successful - you're not moving on a whim after suddenly thinking Australia is the land of milk and honey.

It is hard telling family, and even harder saying goodbye, but you may always regret not taking the opportunity. My dad, said that many years ago he'd had the opportunity to work in Rhodesia (as was), my mum wouldn't go because she didn't want to leave family, Now in his late 60s he still regrets not taking the opportunity - he said he may have come back to the UK at some point, but now he always wonders "what if". So even though he was very sad at our going (we were his only family in the UK), he also urged us to go.

It'll be an emotional rollercoaster...good luck

Ali

Ali

thank you for your reasurance. reading your message brought a tear to my eye. Every time i think about the acutual move i cry but i like your dad my dad says the same, i would rather go and try than never know. it will be extremely hard to leave my sister and parents and im sure i will need your reassurance and advice, still have to tell my sister that things are starting to happen which wont be easy but now i have decided to go i really want to go and cant wait although im petrified it is exciting too to start this amazing adventure with mt husband and babies,

how long have you been over there, are you really happy?

thanks again

kelly :)

Archived