Pay for flights in Ozzie dollars??

Guest guest17301

Guest guest17301

This may be a stupid question...but, what with the current exchange rate I was wondering if it would be possible to book and pay for our flights in Australian dollars? Thus making a potential saving?

We were going to book direct with Singapore Air. Does anyone have any advice?

Guest Working to fish
This may be a stupid question...but, what with the current exchange rate I was wondering if it would be possible to book and pay for our flights in Australian dollars? Thus making a potential saving?

We were going to book direct with Singapore Air. Does anyone have any advice?

um not to sure you will save money by paying in dollars.

eddie

:no:

Guest guest17301

Thanks Flinns, Eddie and Tina,

It's just that when I paid my registration fees I paid with my debit card and the price was in Australian dollars but the amount debited out of my account (in pounds) was based on the exchange rate....So when I pay the visa fee and book accomodation in the same way (with my visa) it will be cheaper than a few months ago ...right?..because of the exchange rate?

It confuses me...

You are correct that the visa fees work out cheaper, because they are a static fee. i.e. as the pound becomes stronger against the Aus dollar, then it gets cheaper if paying in pounds.

From my brief look on the Singapore airlines site it appears that the fare is automatically adjusted to ensure parity.

Archived