air conditioning pay

Guest sam123321

Guest sam123321

hello i am new to pomsinoz.com and i am after some advise on air conditioning jobs in south australia/adelaide.

we are hoping to move out to australia soon and we qualify for the skilled visa as my wife is a teacher.

i am think of retraining as an air conditioning engineer. can any help with the average wage foe doing this job in oz?

i have searched the web but i am struggling to find any info.

any help will be appreciated.

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jim & nik

Hi sam123321

I'm looking too but have not seen much on pay, have heard plenty of work .

But have got to go for assesment to show that i'm able to do the job first.

If I see anything then i'll post.

Look out for

jim & nik

If you can do the same.

Guest sam123321

thanks for reply, still searching internet but still no info as yet.

will let yo know asap if i find anything.

thanks

sam123321

My OH is the main applicant on our 175 visa as an Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineer.

The jobs he has been looking at range from $60 - $100k per year, depending on experience.

Guest jim & nik

Hi asrais

What site did you look on and what under , when I look on sites for air conditioning and/or refrigeration.

they usuly come up blank?

How far are you along with application, And what part of OZ are you looking to go .

jim

We have been looking on seek and careerone websites for jobs. We are heading for Brisbane and what we have found is that the pay is between $25.00 - $30 per hour more leaning towards the $25.00 dollars.

On alot of the websites they dont give you the pay on most of the jobs it just says depending on experience etc... At the moment I have pretty much come to the conclusion that alot start you at the beginning no how many years experience you have before they move you up the pay ladder.

We arrive in Brisbane in December so shall put a thread on abt our experience when we get there.

Good luck:cool:

We have been looking on seek and careerone websites for jobs. We are heading for Brisbane and what we have found is that the pay is between $25.00 - $30 per hour more leaning towards the $25.00 dollars.

On alot of the websites they dont give you the pay on most of the jobs it just says depending on experience etc... At the moment I have pretty much come to the conclusion that alot start you at the beginning no how many years experience you have before they move you up the pay ladder.

We arrive in Brisbane in December so shall put a thread on abt our experience when we get there.

Good luck:cool:

I'd say you're about right with the dollars rate for an employed tradesman.

The way it works is you have to know what you're worth in the market place and then negotiate an appropriate rate. You can find yourself easily on more money than someone with years of experience and service. However you're not supposed to know what others earn as its strictly taboo to discuss your wage rate with colleagues... but people will always talk. :smile:

Hi

We've been looking on Seek too. As Kdal says, most ads don't give a wage, probably only one in ten.

We applied in August for a 175 visa. Our Medicals are tomorrow...

Archived