Online accounts in Aus

Guest melissa

Guest melissa

Can you open an account online with an Aussie bank. And does it take long if you can. I want to transfer money as quick as i can. I've got an account opening with Commenwealth Bank on friday hopefully, if it all goes through. But if i could do it quicker i can get the current good rate.

Darren.

Guest jewels1356

not sure but if ou go to thier webbsite you can find out i think you have to wait 48rs i opened mine on hols this year ,let me know how you get on good luck

julie

xxx

Guest chris_mac
not sure but if ou go to thier webbsite you can find out i think you have to wait 48rs i opened mine on hols this year ,let me know how you get on good luck

julie

xxx

You cant open them online from outside the uk... They send you an email with 24hr contact telephone number to open one if you are overseas.. Ive been trying over the last couple of days and hopefully succeeded today.

Heres the numbers

Commonwealth: 0061 2 9999 3283 (24 hr)

Westpac: 0061 2 9293 9270 (business hours)

Chris

Guest heieup

You can set up a purchase though with a currency trader and fix the rate today. E.g. I am using Hifx (loads of others available) you can ring up and agree a contract to buy today and pay the rest at a date to suit in the future. So you can have the rate fixed at the current good rate and then make the payment later.

You can set up a purchase though with a currency trader and fix the rate today. E.g. I am using Hifx (loads of others available) you can ring up and agree a contract to buy today and pay the rest at a date to suit in the future. So you can have the rate fixed at the current good rate and then make the payment later.

I've just done that today, i got $2.42. It's going up and down like a yoyo, so concidering how bad the rate has been, i'm happy with that. We've been working our budget out at $2.00 for the last 6 months, to be on the safe side. So this has cheered us right up!

We have now opened an account with the commonwealth bank, it only took two days after we sent them the ID ect.

Archived