renting with 1 dog & 2 cats

Guest wee wen

Guest wee wen

Hi everyone,

We are hoping to be allocated case worker for our 136 visa application anytime between March & July. Could anyone give me some honest advice about our chances of being able to rent a house ( probably in Brisbane South/ Springfield Lakes ) with a dog & 2 cats in tow.

Our dog will definetaly be coming. Our cats are 15 & 11 and I know it is not the most sensible idea to bring them ( cost, upset to them etc) but I have an 8 year old daughter who would be distraught at leaving them behind. I feel she is already unsure about leaving her best friend & her family & having to leave her cats ( who she loves to bits-especially the 15 year old one) would be too much !!!

However, the last thing I want is to arrive over there and find we are all homeless as no-one willing to rent a house out to a family with a dog & 2 cats.

Thanks,

Wee Wen :? :? :?

Hiya i think you would get a rental that accepts pets but it would have to be fully fenced.The rules are slightly different over here ,im sure cats have to stay on your property or can be confiscated and you would probably have to pay for pest spraying on leaving the rental,there are alot of rental houses were we are at the moment and most of them have pets so i wouldnt worry too much,

Cal x

Hi wee wen,

we're in the same boat as you. 1 dog and 4 cats. 1 cat will be staying with my mum as he isnt well enough to travel, he's had chest problems for a few years now....my mum doesnt actualy know this yet! :D

There are quite a few properties that will allow pets, but depending where you go there are limitations where/when the cats go out. This won't be a problem for us as all of mine are home cats and only venture 2 foot out the back door to sun themselves.

I dont think you'll have a problem, and there are loads of estate agencies online that you can contact first to check...sorry no links!

Hays

Archived