what to pay ?????

Guest claire 17

Guest claire 17

could some1 plz help we r just at the start of getting things going to move to oz we r wondering what do you hav to pay for first do you av to pay for everything in 1 go i hope this makes sense im so confused dont think we can afford to go if everything has to b paid for in 1 go or do u hav a few months between different things u need visa,medicals etc soz for rambling:arghh:

Hi claire 17,

What visa are you hoping to get out on?

We are going out on a state sponsored and so first had to pay for our skills assessment, then our IELTS test, our e-visa application, police checks, medicals and x-rays.

If you look at my timeline in my signature you will see when each part was completed and these are the points in which we had to pay out.

Hope this helps.

Howard.

Guest claire 17

well it looks like a student visa we rnt keen but think its the only way hope u dont mind me asking how much was each of the different things u had to pay for sorry to b a pain

HI THERE WE ARE GOING ON A 175 INDEPENDANT VISA, Each process is different depending on which visa application your going on, the best advise i can give you is ring a migration expert for some advise and costings.Our migration expert was migration expert .com based in london and then after skills assesment was transfered to oz.We paid £1300 for our migration expert and it was money well spent as ours was a complicated process, its a long process so its up to you what you decide to do, tra was another cost, practical skills another , visa , medicals they were expensive and police checks, i would say in total from start to end including the plane tickets it cost us £10,000 we sold our house to fund us to go and rented for a year, we go in 8 weeks time good luck

Guest claire 17

thanks for that we r going to an expo on sunday so when we get back hopefully with advice we can make our mind up its just do we save and get the money all 2getha or pay for things as we do them

hi Claire,

We are also only just starting out and would also like to know the costs / timeline of payments. We are looking at going on a 175 visa (skilled migration, electrician) I have looked through quite a lot of posts but can't find costs for each level of the application. The costs i would like to know about / have found out about are;

Police Checks £35 per person, paid near the end?

Medicals £??? per person (do children need aged 1,3,5)

Skills assessment for electrician £??? paid near beginning

Agent fees (average) £???

IELTS Test £???? When?

Oz goverment fees £???? When??

Costs to get license in Oz £????

I am also going to seminar in Manchester on sunday ( have sent email to thinking australia for tickets) is this the same one.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but hope if anyone can help us both with these costs and any i or you have not thought of it would save starting a new thread off.

Martyn

Guest Andy and Tracy

Hiya Martyn

We are doing the same 175, but on the TRA, not VETASSESS as we just got in before that. We paid about £400 for the TRA

Medicals ...gulp....£700 for 2 adults and 3 children (twins aged 6 and a 2 year old) includes X-Rays for adults and AIDS tests for anyone over 15 (compulsory) yes kids were charged to be weighed and height measured

Police checks... about £20 each for adults

Visa fee to DIAC about £1000

Migration Agents fee £2000

Solicitors £15 to witness a signature

IELTS about £90

It really adds up....

Hope that helps

Tracy

Guest kevinboomer

Hi Guys,

We apointed our agent £800.00

Skills assesment £1,120.00

Visa Application £900.00

3 payment option

Meds £ 700.00 approx ( 2 adults ,2 kids 9,11)

Ielts £100.00

Various £ 50.00

We expect to have parted with around £10,000.00 when we step foot in Aus . Flights/shipping

Kev&Lisa

hi Claire,

We are also only just starting out and would also like to know the costs / timeline of payments. We are looking at going on a 175 visa (skilled migration, electrician) I have looked through quite a lot of posts but can't find costs for each level of the application. The costs i would like to know about / have found out about are;

IELTS Test £???? When?

I am also going to seminar in Manchester on sunday ( have sent email to thinking australia for tickets) is this the same one.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but hope if anyone can help us both with these costs and any i or you have not thought of it would save starting a new thread off.

Martyn

Our fees were:

Police checks £35 per person

Medicals and x-rays £700 approx for 4

Skills assessment $350

Agent fee £0 doing it ourselves

IELTS fee £100

DIAC fee $2105

Distance learning for professional certificate $500

Hope this helps

Howard.

Guest BushBaby

Hi there,

We are going to start the process in the new year, so this thread is very useful. I have also looked on the diac website at Visa costs, so can anyone advise how much you pay when you apply is it the whole amount or in 3 instalments as Dawny has mentioned. If it is in instalments are these spread out over a period of time, do diac tell you when to pay them, roughly how much are the instalments. We will be going on a 175 Visa.

Thank you, Bushbaby :smile:

that is a good ?can u pay in 3 installements

Hi there, we are with the visa bureau, and once we signed the first inital paperwork we enclosed our first cheque, we are now collecting all paperwork for vetassess paper and practicle, our second payment will be sent around this time, our 3 rd payment will be a little later on, please note that police checks and medicals are seperate payments, At the time of starting the visa process we were not told payments would be spread out, we only learnt this after we recieved a break down on schedule from v/b, which came as a great relief, hope this helps

John

Guest claire 17

im pleased im not the only 1 who is worried that everything had to paid in 1 go so thank you every1 for advice the more advice the better xx claire

Guest claire 17
hi Claire,

IELTS Test £???? When?

Martyn

hi martyn yes its the same expo ive asked people on here wot we should expect but had no replys yet im a cook with none of the qualifications that r required but hav been told other ways to get to oz c u there well maybs good luck:smile:

Guest martyn

Hi

First of all thanks to everyone who has replied, it has now given me a clear idea of how much we need to get together, especially as some have the same circumstances. It all does add up but i think it will be worth every penny. If anyone else has different situations then please post your costs as i know i found it hard to find out.

Hi Claire, went to the expo on sunday, what did you think? had heard a bit about Daryl before going and i can understand why most people either love him or hate him, to be honest was more interested in what he was saying than who was saying it, thought it was a bit padded out but did learn a few new things so was worth it, was you one of the 60% of people who left at the interval? don't think i will be using them but not sorry i went.

Martyn

Guest Sam&Si

Hi Claire & Martyn,

We are on a 176 visa and used Ian Harrop.

All reputable agents should offer a staged payment process for their actual agent fee (it's usually payable in 3 stages). We paid £1500 for the agent fee - this is about average for a 176. The other fees have come in at £35 per person for Police Checks (this price has been in place since June), £400 for 2 adults for medicals/xrays including courier costs to Oz, £100 to sit the IELTS test (this is a fixed price) and then the 2 fees which were payable in Australian dollars were Vetassess at $350 plus the actual Application fee to DIAC which was $2,060. Our Agent was able to witness all of our documents apart from passport photo's so we didn't have to fork out extra money on things like that (it's definitely the small things that all add up cost wise!). Hope this helps but fee free to pm me if you need anything else.

Cheers

Guest claire 17

hi martyn we left just after the interval we had a phone call today from daryls son he was really good coz think daryl was more of a comedian!!!!! we r supposed to be going back to see them in nov for a 1 to 1 but not sure if we r yet think the only way e and hubby will get there is by a sponser visa so we r needing all the advice we can get on that claire

Archived