containers

Guest Ian&Lou

Guest dwaldron

Around £3,500 for a sole use 20 foot container, but be sure that you actually need it. I thought I would have but contacted Crown Relocations who were recommended by people on this site and lo and behold I don't need a whole container at all and the price tumbled to £2,600. It costs nothing for them to survey everything and it was certainly worthwhile for me having them around.

Hi,

We used John Mason and it came to £3,800 with insurance. We filled a full container, in fact when everything was boxed/wrapped I wondered if it would all fit in (which of course it did), We've brought 2 sofas, 2 beds, washer, dryer, TV garden stuff, toys etc in fact almost the entire contents of our house. You say what you're taking - they tell you what size container you'll need. I guess the added bonus of a full container is that you're not waiting for someone else to fill it, it goes right to the docks ready for shipping and therefore, can get you you a little more quickly.

Ali x

Guest surfersi

we head out to perth in April, fortunately I called in a favour from a friend who works in the freight business for a 20' container, the base cost was 1700 pounds plus clearance at the other end AUS$400 approx, begs the question what these firms are doing to justify the huge uplift.

I would suggest to shop around!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bluenico
we head out to perth in April, fortunately I called in a favour from a friend who works in the freight business for a 20' container, the base cost was 1700 pounds plus clearance at the other end AUS$400 approx, begs the question what these firms are doing to justify the huge uplift.

I would suggest to shop around!

Please be advised that there are different ways to justify Costs - You can Self pack Your container outside your house (3 hours Loading) and this is done in the same way a Cargo Carrying Container is Loaded.

With Regards to the Cost - Even using a Friend you appear to have been charged over the odds !!

My cost from anywhere in UK to Australian Main Ports (Self Pack) is GBP 1200.00 for a 20' Container..........

Feel Free to Drop me an E Mail for a Full Costing.

Archived