School ages in UK

Guest the_zings

Guest the_zings

I'm slightly confused about when my little boy should be starting Reception class in the UK. He will be 3yrs in October this year. Am I correct in thinking that he should start Reception class in September 2010 - when he will be 4yrs turning 5yrs?

Can anyone help....?

Guest Andy and Tracy

Hiya

Our twins were born in January - they went in the September intake when they were 4 years and 8 months old. Our school (and many others) have 2 intakes for Reception - one in Sept and one the following Jan for those who were born in the Summer ( so they don't have to go when they are only just 4)

Tracy

Guest the_zings
Hi again

My girls also turn 3 in October.

The school I want them to go to has a nursery attached and they can start there in Sept 09.

But the reception will be Sept 2010.

That's great - thanks! That means it fits in well with our timings to return to UK as we are going back home in Feb 2010. I feel a lot better now - Thank you!

Guest the_zings

Just out of interest. I also have a little girl who was born July 2007. Does that mean she can start reception in September 2012 as it's not compulsory til they have turned 5yrs.....? So my son will be almost 5yrs and my daughter will be just over 5yrs when they start school....?

Archived