Reborns:)))

Briggy

Hello peeps Just a general question.

Is there anyone on the Pio site that makes Reborns and sells them out in oz:)))

Do you make a good living from it?

I'm just about to start my first reborn in the next week or two and wanting to carry it on while in oz:)))

Would love to chat to anyone who is doing reborning:)))

Not every ones cuppa tea, but then the world would be boring if we were all the same:)))

Cheers!!!

Briggy xxx:))):jiggy::cute:

Guest carolynr6280

They are dolls made to look like new babies i.e. like the one in briggys avatar. Think they are collectors items rather than play things.

Guest TheArmChairDetective
:wacko:Collectors maybe???!!!:wacko:

Marketing101.

For something to become collectable

it has to be preceeded by a target audience, that audience makes an item fashionable and not until then does it becomes collectable.

Guest *KAY TEE*
Hello peeps Just a general question.

Is there anyone on the Pio site that makes Reborns and sells them out in oz:)))

Do you make a good living from it?

I'm just about to start my first reborn in the next week or two and wanting to carry it on while in oz:)))

Would love to chat to anyone who is doing reborning:)))

Not every ones cuppa tea, but then the world would be boring if we were all the same:)))

Cheers!!!

Briggy xxx:))):jiggy::cute:

Hi Briggy I have seen these and they are spookily realistic. Did you see the documentary. on them a few months back, some people really do go over board and treat them like children buying prams and clothes etc for them...(omg) hope you dont, ...lol... but it is a brill Idea go for it, it doesn't matter if there are folk in Oz that do them, they are a talent and if yours look more realistic than someone elses you'll sell more simple as. Good luck give it a go, it is the only way you'll find out xx

Guest Angie*mark
Hi Briggy I have seen these and they are spookily realistic. Did you see the documentary. on them a few months back, some people really do go over board and treat them like children buying prams and clothes etc for them...(omg) hope you dont, ...lol... but it is a brill Idea go for it, it doesn't matter if there are folk in Oz that do them, they are a talent and if yours look more realistic than someone elses you'll sell more simple as. Good luck give it a go, it is the only way you'll find out xx

I saw that documentary too it was very interesting although weird!!!!

They look so cute. esp the one in briggys avatar piccie

Wish u all the best in it Briggy xxxxxxxxx

They are often advertised in magazines and TV guides here in NZ, although they are produced as limited editions, not just one individual. But how do you go about making them? I can't even imagine how you would make such a lifelike face.

I wouldn't personally want one, but if you find you are good at it it sounds like an excellent business idea, low startup cost, fit around family, sell on ebay anywhere in the world and to special interest groups. Wish I'd thought of it! Go for it!

Guest TheArmChairDetective
They are often advertised in magazines and TV guides here in NZ, although they are produced as limited editions, not just one individual. But how do you go about making them? I can't even imagine how you would make such a lifelike face.

I imagine having true artistic talent and a vision would be part of the answer.

Guest *KAY TEE*
sounds like a great idea briggy!

i too saw the documentary, thought some were taking it a bit too far but whatever floats ya boat i say!!!

hope it really takes off in oz for ya x

He He I saw that documentary too. Could you imagine looking in the pram, to see te "baby". Ahh isnt shes lovely, only to discover its not breathing eeek Argggh :shocked: Scary or what.

That is the thing though you have to have the talent to convince people. Go for it Briggy, you could make a small fortune. xx

Hi peeps:)))

Well people collect them big time just as a hobby, like peeps collecting trains or bears. There not for playing with as they can break. They are weighted so as to feel like the weight of a baby. Some peeps have them with a breathing devise mmm or a movement for the limbs, do you know they even have umbilical cords for them, they look a bit to real for me you can also get premie ones with tubes and stuff not my cuppa tea.They come with a birth cert with time of birth weight and name. Some people do go to far by treating them like real babies which is strange but there ya go, suppose their not hurting any one, they just get enjoyment from it.

I just like the art of them, the avatar pick is the one I will do first cos I think she is so cute.

At the moment I make ooak babies (one of a kind) they are all hand crafted each little face hand and toes and even baby folds in their little legs,they range from 3" to 6" in length. I have sold loads of these on ebay as far as oz their are loads of collectors for these, but now I want to get into the life size babies. These can take upto 3 weeks or longer, the rooting of each single hair takes the longest. You start with a kit which you have to order in mainly from USA their not cheap, then you have to paint and bake them if they have eyes you pop them in to, then the rooting of hair and lashes, and finally you put you reborn together and then dress, some even have dummies which are attached with strong magnets. Obviously they have to look right or the reborn looks crap.The prices can range depending on how the doll looks one on ebay went for 400 pounds and they can be more paid for these babies. They do take time and a lot of patience.

I did watch the programe My fake baby. I think you can see clips on you tube. It just made me want to do them more. Reborns are quite simply dolls made to look like real babies.

Hope this is enough info for you to wet your appetites.

Cheers Briggy xxx:)))

Certainly not something that I would buy but..I have a colleague who has 4 of them and paid a fortune for each!

They are spookily realistic and certainly seem to be many peops willing to buy them.

Good luck.

Debby

Guest *KAY TEE*

I imagine people would collect these like they did with the china dolls. When they are done right they do look exeptionally real, very collectable. Good Luck Briggy x

Guest Angie*mark

I really do love the one in ur avatar briggy, i would of liked to of collected the porcelain dolls like u see in the magazines for sale, i had about 3 then i just stopped, i could def see why the reborns would take off if only i had the money i would buy one off you xx

I really do love the one in ur avatar briggy, i would of liked to of collected the porcelain dolls like u see in the magazines for sale, i had about 3 then i just stopped, i could def see why the reborns would take off if only i had the money i would buy one off you xx

Aw thank you, You might just get a little one for Xmas if your good ha ha to put on your tree. As a thankyou for being a good friend:yes:.

Brig xxx:)))

Guest guest17301

Sorry Briggy, no offence and I applaud you for your business acumen but I think these dolls are frighteningly perverse. I think they pander to disturbed people who frankly probably need to get out more or see a psychologist.

Just my opinion. Sure I will get leapt on for this

I shouldn't be so direct really, sorry

Guest *KAY TEE*
Sorry Briggy, no offence and I applaud you for your business acumen but I think these dolls are frighteningly perverse. I think they pander to disturbed people who frankly probably need to get out more or see a psychologist.

Just my opinion. Sure I will get leapt on for this

I shouldn't be so direct really, sorry

A wee bit harsh Fiona. :yes:

Guest guest17301
A wee bit harsh Fiona.

I know sorry :cry:

Regretted it soon as I posted it lol.

They just really freak me out, I can't understand why anyone would want one!! Its weird :wideeyed:

Guest *KAY TEE*
I know sorry :cry:

Regretted it soon as I posted it lol.

They just really freak me out, I can't understand why anyone would want one!! Its weird :wideeyed:

Hi fiona, Im the same with those china dolls, the ones people have sitting on their bed, but I know some think they are fab, not my cuppa but it wouldn;t do for everyone to like the same things, OMG Im starting to sound oooooooooold...lol X

Archived