Reborns:)))

Briggy

Guest guest17301

I know... Its like them ads in the back of sunday paper magazines.. the ones for 'lifelike baby dolls' I think they look like dead babies : ( like that baby on the ceiling in the scene from 'Trainspotting' They proper freak me out.

Its like those plates you hang on your wall with Cliff Richard on....so horryfyingly cringe... sorry to any Cliff fans

My hubby used to work for the company that 'creates' these 'limited edition pieces'

Can't imagine anyone parting with good money for them???

Hey I don't mind I know there not to every ones taste. Yes some peeps think there reallt scary, but then I like scary:)))

My OH thinks they look like babies of the slab and hates them to.

Sorry Cliff Richard really scary to me but not to others, I don't mind ya not liking them.

So no offence taken, I'm quite easy going and not offended by your comment so don't worry:)))

I'm not perverse honestly I like the art work that goes into creating the Reborns and seeing them come to life as such. I like to make people smile:))) I do like some of the babies and a lot I don't but then each to their own:)))

Cheers

Briggy xxx:)))

Guest Angie*mark
Aw thank you, You might just get a little one for Xmas if your good ha ha to put on your tree. As a thankyou for being a good friend:yes:.

Brig xxx:)))

:notworthy: Im always good LOL from 1 good friend to another xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Guest Angie*mark

I could def see why they would be collectable but then iam a collector myself..............but i collect egyptian things and i love collecting tigers.

I remember going to my friends house when i was younger and her mum had one side of her dining room coverd with glass cabinets and in them were those porcelian dolls and i used to go in and just be in awe of them i was desperate to take them out prehaps thats where i got the bug from.

I couldnt imagine taking the dolls out in buggys and treating them like real babies that to me is very freeky but just to collect them thats different.

Guest guest17301
Hey I don't mind I know there not to every ones taste. Yes some peeps think there reallt scary, but then I like scary:)))

My OH thinks they look like babies of the slab and hates them to.

Sorry Cliff Richard really scary to me but not to others, I don't mind ya not liking them.

So no offence taken, I'm quite easy going and not offended by your comment so don't worry:)))

I'm not perverse honestly I like the art work that goes into creating the Reborns and seeing them come to life as such. I like to make people smile:))) I do like some of the babies and a lot I don't but then each to their own:)))

Cheers

Cheers Briggy, good on yer, Just goes to show people can disagree on PIO without WW3!

Good luck with your business xx

Business is business, you know there is a market for reborns, it may only be short term, if you are really good at doing them and enjoy it, do individual limited high value ones, if you really want to go for it big time, think how close you'll be to the Asian manufacturing areas when you are in Oz and really knock 'em out.

Business is business, you know there is a market for reborns, it may only be short term, if you are really good at doing them and enjoy it, do individual limited high value ones, if you really want to go for it big time, think how close you'll be to the Asian manufacturing areas when you are in Oz and really knock 'em out.

:wubclub: Thanks for that Ali:))) I will give it my all from now until we go to oz:)))

Get better with each baby and start to charge the right prices for them. My OH goes mad with me cos I always let things go really cheap. But this time I have to make some profit on the reborns.

Cheers Hun:)))

Briggy xxx:))):spinny:

I could def see why they would be collectable but then iam a collector myself..............but i collect egyptian things and i love collecting tigers.

I remember going to my friends house when i was younger and her mum had one side of her dining room coverd with glass cabinets and in them were those porcelian dolls and i used to go in and just be in awe of them i was desperate to take them out prehaps thats where i got the bug from.

I couldnt imagine taking the dolls out in buggys and treating them like real babies that to me is very freeky but just to collect them thats different.

:wubclub: Hello pettal I to collect egyptian things, I have some large papirus prints framed, but don't have them up at the mo. I love tigers too you would love dream world in oz you can have photo's taken with the tigers and cubs when they have them. They take the cubs for a walk around the park in the afternoon and they get real close, awwww:)))

Brig xxx:)))):yes:

I think some people just find "life-like" disturbing. I work in a Rest Home and a lot of the old folk have those life-like kittens and puppies - the ones that breathe and purr etc. I think they're cute but I've seen some of the nurses leap into the air and scream when they've found one on the bed.

I think the art is to be marvelled at, even though I wouldn't want one. :notworthy: I might find the cost prohibitive but plenty of people pay up big money for them. So good luck, Briggy. Perfect your art and go for it. :jiggy:

my sister and niece do it here and some of there dolls sell for £500 total madness

they have there own web site too think it is called secound nature nursery

this is the link to charlottes site

Second Nature Nursery - Reborn Nursery creating lifelike baby dolls.

OOO will check the website out, thankyou wiccanwitch:)))):wubclub:

I think some people just find "life-like" disturbing. I work in a Rest Home and a lot of the old folk have those life-like kittens and puppies - the ones that breathe and purr etc. I think they're cute but I've seen some of the nurses leap into the air and scream when they've found one on the bed.

I think the art is to be marvelled at, even though I wouldn't want one. I might find the cost prohibitive but plenty of people pay up big money for them. So good luck, Briggy. Perfect your art and go for it.

Thank you kiwi, kiora:))):wubclub:

I to work in a rest home, as a domestic tho and they have dolls and stuff arround their rooms:))) And some of those are quite scary:)))

Cheers Briggy xxx:)))

:yes:

my sister and niece do it here and some of there dolls sell for £500 total madness

they have there own web site too think it is called secound nature nursery

this is the link to charlottes site

Second Nature Nursery - Reborn Nursery creating lifelike baby dolls.

Wow wiccanwitch I had a look on the web site their reborns are amazing:)))) Hope I get to their level pretty quickly. I think it dose help if you are arty tho. WOW!!!

Cheers pet:))):yes::jiggy:

Brig xxx:)))

Hi Briggy

We have a friend out here who has been collecting and making Reborns for a good few years now. She and her Mum have a good little business going.

My friend not only buys clothes for them and changes them but she has got at least 3 big silver cross prams all around the house that she dispalys them in!!

I have to say they really are not my cup of tea and when my OH first saw them he was more than a bit freecked out, but plenty of people over here seem to like them.

Good luck

Deb xx

Guest wiccanwitch

yes briggy they are very good at it but to tell you the truth while i do like them i must say i will never understand why people want them find that part a bit freaky myself

but each to there own

Hi Briggy

We have a friend out here who has been collecting and making Reborns for a good few years now. She and her Mum have a good little business going.

My friend not only buys clothes for them and changes them but she has got at least 3 big silver cross prams all around the house that she dispalys them in!!

I have to say they really are not my cup of tea and when my OH first saw them he was more than a bit freecked out, but plenty of people over here seem to like them.

Good luck

Deb xx

:wubclub: Wow that's good to know there doing well. And there is hope for me to:)))

Thanks hun Briggy xxx:))):yes:

yes briggy they are very good at it but to tell you the truth while i do like them i must say i will never understand why people want them find that part a bit freaky myself

but each to there own

:wubclub: As you say pet each to their own:))) I can't wait to start, and then again I've never been normal always liked the strange and not the norm:))

:yes: Briggy xxx:)))

Guest TheArmChairDetective
:wubclub: As you say pet each to their own:))) I can't wait to start, and then again I've never been normal always liked the strange and not the norm:))

:yes: Briggy xxx:)))

If it can help pay the bills then good luck to you.

I sure everyone will join me when I say that I hope you (or anyone else with a small business idea) make a million dollars.

Guest Angie*mark
If it can help pay the bills then good luck to you.

I sure everyone will join me when I say that I hope you (or anyone else with a small business idea) make a million dollars.

Im with you on that TACD, briggy is so lovely and nice that i wish her all the best in this and everything that she puts her hand to.

And if u do make a million dollars remember i said that briggy lol :twitcy: and if i win the lottery i'll buy 20 off ya

All the best hun you know i means it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived