Schooling in Perth

minlady

We are in the process of applying to emigrate to Perth and I cannot find any form of league table for primary and secondary schools... are there any?... how do i find out about what area is good or bad etc...can anyone help....... we are looking for the northern area of Perth...such as Hillary's Ellenbrook etc... any advice would be appreciated...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The.Colebecks
We are in the process of applying to emigrate to Perth and I cannot find any form of league table for primary and secondary schools... are there any?... how do i find out about what area is good or bad etc...can anyone help....... we are looking for the northern area of Perth...such as Hillary's Ellenbrook etc... any advice would be appreciated...

Hiya

It seems that there are no league tables, as such, for schools in Oz.

Try the following link for the Department of Education - you can do searches on schools in areas you are interested in moving to and under each one there are certain curriculum areas which they have strengths in and areas they are looking to improve on - it also shows you the amount of pupils, any special programmes they have for things like sport, music and other useful information.

http://www2.eddept.wa.edu.au/schoolprofile/home.do

All the best,

Karen x

• 1 month later...
Guest thepriceclan

Hi, we are moving to Perth in October and we have a 6 year old and a 3 year old. We are also looking at the Northern suburbs. The only info I have found useful for schooling is on the website http://www.aussiemove.com which has links to the schools websites in the different suburbs. You can look at the schools individually and also the suburbs as a place to live.:jiggy:

Guest BullcreekBob
Hiya

It seems that there are no league tables, as such, for schools in Oz.

G'day Karen

Each state does things differently. Here in WA there are reports and tables about the effectiveness of schools but only in relation to the performance of their students in the TEE exams taken at the end of year 12.

The Cirriculum Council do no make a big thing about the stats, as they say on the web site, differences in School only account for about 9% of the variation in marks, the remaining 91% is down to things like ability, aptitude, parents and home environment.

Anyway, follow this link.

Cheers

Bob in Bull Creek

Mortgage Broker

Archived