Perth - which are the nicest areas to live in?

Guest nkopke

Hiya

My family and I are moving to Perth at the end of the year. We have been researching areas online but would appreciate some suggestions from members already living in Perth. My husband loves his sport and is into canoeing and cycling etc. He would like to live close to a waterway and canoe club and it would be great if we could find a reasonably priced safe area close to the beach but living near the beach is not crucial. My husband will be working in the city centre so he does not want to be more than 25km outside of the CBD. For me, I would like a suburb with easy walking access to parks and activities for my 12 month old daughter.

Thanks

Hiya

My family and I are moving to Perth at the end of the year. We have been researching areas online but would appreciate some suggestions from members already living in Perth. My husband loves his sport and is into canoeing and cycling etc. He would like to live close to a waterway and canoe club and it would be great if we could find a reasonably priced safe area close to the beach but living near the beach is not crucial. My husband will be working in the city centre so he does not want to be more than 25km outside of the CBD. For me, I would like a suburb with easy walking access to parks and activities for my 12 month old daughter.

Thanks

This is why you are told to rent first as only you can answer your question we are all different what you like I might hate.

Thanks Ali, I will look at the website although we don't want to buy just yet, will rent first and get a feel for Perth and where we want to be.

Thanks Ali, I will look at the website although we don't want to buy just yet, will rent first and get a feel for Perth and where we want to be.

Hello,

We're planning to move to Perth too and my hubby will be working in Perth CBD. We too want a commute of no more than 20-25km. The aussiemove.com suburb maps are really good and give an idea of house prices. They do have contacts for lets on there too, although most are holiday and let at daily rate rather than weekly. For rentals go to Search Residential Properties For Rent - Real Estate Institute of WA which looks really good or the usual realestate.au. For REIWA select Perth Metro and use Aussiemove to pick a sub-region (ie Canning, Subiaco). You can then google the area to see any info on it.

Hope this helps. Keep me updated on your progress. PM me if you want to talk more.

Good luck Jo x

Archived